The Student Room Group

How do I leave my house without being suspicious

My mom is really strict because I’m the youngest and my 5 sibling are over 18. I’m not 18 yet but I am in college and I feel like I should have enough respect to get out of the house. There’s a tracker on my phone but I need to get out so I can go meet my bf that she doesn’t know about. By the way she’s narcissistic so reasonable confrontation is out of the question.
Nah, best stay home, earn some of that R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
It seems to be about trust - she needs to trust you enough to be independent and you need to be trustworthy enough that you'll be honest and safe. Respect and trust are earned, not given. :smile:

I'd start by breaking it to her that you have a boyfriend and then wait a little for the news to sink in. Could you offer a trial run? Talk to her about how being an adult is about independence and experiencing things on your own. Tell her the things you'll do in order to stay safe and in control, so that she'll understand you're capable. :yep:
Meeting friends is my main idea.

You can't exactly just sneak out.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
My mom is really strict because I’m the youngest and my 5 sibling are over 18. I’m not 18 yet but I am in college and I feel like I should have enough respect to get out of the house. There’s a tracker on my phone but I need to get out so I can go meet my bf that she doesn’t know about. By the way she’s narcissistic so reasonable confrontation is out of the question.

Running out of the house is just going to make it worse. Trust me I know
Reply 5
Well these people are giving good advice but that could take months i would say you have a study group right and actually have your boyfriend help you "study" and if she does not know he is your boyfriend then there will be nothing suspicious and also bring textbooks and do a little bit of studying so it looks real
Don't take your phone and do it when your mum is at work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending