The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by randomer48
Does anyone know when term starts

20th Sept
Original post by CurlySue18
20th Sept

I got an email saying registration starts on the sixth but I think the course starts on the 20th like you said
(edited 2 years ago)
Yes the course starts on 20th and freshers activities start on 13th. I think registration will probably be online from the 6th, We’ll probably find out more about registration very soon.
Hi, did anyone receive an offer yesterday and get told apply through clearing? if so have they heard back yet from UCAS as i’m still waiting and don’t fully trust it till I see it confirmed on there.
Original post by xxx1409
Hi, did anyone receive an offer yesterday and get told apply through clearing? if so have they heard back yet from UCAS as i’m still waiting and don’t fully trust it till I see it confirmed on there.

Hi, I also got an offer yesterday. I had some issues with UCAS so emailed admissions if they could confirm they received my clearing referral, and they said they have but it hasn't been confirmed in UCAS yet. I think we just have to wait a bit longer but it is so stressful!
Original post by RPearsonn
Hi, I also got an offer yesterday. I had some issues with UCAS so emailed admissions if they could confirm they received my clearing referral, and they said they have but it hasn't been confirmed in UCAS yet. I think we just have to wait a bit longer but it is so stressful!

just had mine come through. do we get sent a welcome pack kinda thing with everything we need to know? i wasn’t really expecting the offer so unprepared now
Original post by xxx1409
just had mine come through. do we get sent a welcome pack kinda thing with everything we need to know? i wasn’t really expecting the offer so unprepared now

I think there might be information for accommodation, criminal records checks etc. but I have no idea when.
Original post by randomer48
Does anyone know when term starts

20th September!

Emily, Team Queen's
Anyone got their accomm offer yet ?
Original post by CurlySue18
Anyone got their accomm offer yet ?

I got mine today
Reply 190
Hi, is anyone else who met their grade conditions still waiting for a UCAS track confirmation of their place ? On the QUB portal my status is still ‘decision pending’, and I’m quite worried about it.
Reply 191
Original post by OJ777
Hi, is anyone else who met their grade conditions still waiting for a UCAS track confirmation of their place ? On the QUB portal my status is still ‘decision pending’, and I’m quite worried about it.

I’d give them a ring tomorrow and see what’s going on.
Reply 192
Original post by MK50
I’d give them a ring tomorrow and see what’s going on.

I’ve already phoned and they said it’s just a case of waiting, I’m mainly looking to see if anyone else is in the same position :smile:
For anyone wondering about accommodation, the website has crashed and they’re trying to six it atm
How many of us are still without confirmation of QUB accommodation?
Reply 195
Original post by Wendal66
How many of us are still without confirmation of QUB accommodation?

I spoke to them earlier today and apparently they’re up to the first two weeks of April’s allocations. I applied back in feb, the day after the accommodation portal opened, and got my offer a two weeks ago. I had circumstances change, which meant I had to decline that offer and reapply for a different accommodation and I was told that I’d be right to the bottom of the list. They also advised me to seek alternative accommodation just in case they don’t get back to me with an offer before terms starts. If you go to your email you’ll hopefully see an email from them regarding Liv Student Belfast. Google it and see if you like it. It’s at least a starting point for me for an alternative accommodation to Queen’s own. I’m considering it because I’ll be more unlikely to get an offer before you guys and before term starts. Lemme know if there’s any other grads considering it.
Has anyone finally decided on LIV accommodation?
Reply 197
Original post by Iblizzilo
Has anyone finally decided on LIV accommodation?

Yh I did. It was just too risky, in my opinion, for me to wait for Queen’s accommodation to get back to me. The studio I got was for the same price as Queen’s accommodation (£149/week) but the room is bigger. It’s a longer walk, granted, but there’s good transport links so it won’t be too bad- hopefully haha.
Original post by RN2MD
Yh I did. It was just too risky, in my opinion, for me to wait for Queen’s accommodation to get back to me. The studio I got was for the same price as Queen’s accommodation (£149/week) but the room is bigger. It’s a longer walk, granted, but there’s good transport links so it won’t be too bad- hopefully haha.

Yep, it's quite a long walk to QUB and it would be a lot faster to use a cycle. And I was wondering about how many of us are in LIV, cuz it is a bit of a distance between the university accommodation so interactions among us may be a bit tough. But again, that's what I think and idk I may be wrong : )
Reply 199
Original post by Iblizzilo
Yep, it's quite a long walk to QUB and it would be a lot faster to use a cycle. And I was wondering about how many of us are in LIV, cuz it is a bit of a distance between the university accommodation so interactions among us may be a bit tough. But again, that's what I think and idk I may be wrong : )

No no it’s a very valid point. I know from speaking to the LIV team when I booked that there were some queens students who had already booked their accommodation with them so I know we won’t be the only QUB students. But, we will probably be an even smaller group being medical students. My friend who goes to Newcastle, had accommodation a bit further out of the city centre and she said that because of this, her flat mates made more of an effort to get to know the other people in the flat and surrounding flats in the building because they were distanced out from the uni and other uni accommodation. Five years in, and she still lives with some of them. So I’m not too worried about being limited in the interactions I have with other people. You’ll see the same faces when waiting for a bus, or leaving for a 9am lecture, or going out to the same club/event and you’ll slowly get to know people that way. It’s awkward I know, but take it from a former very introverted and awkward grad, you’ll be okay, you’ll soon find people you actually feel a connection to and want to spend more time with them.

Latest

Trending

Trending