The Student Room Group

Was I caught speeding?

Hi today i was driving 32,33 mph but road was 30 and van camera was there do you think they camera will flash me I’m really Worries
Reply 1
Original post by Husnain85
Hi today i was driving 32,33 mph but road was 30 and van camera was there do you think they camera will flash me I’m really Worries

Let me consult my crystal ball and get back to you.
you see van camera

did you see van camera flash?
Reply 3
Do camera vans flash? I though that was only certain fixed cameras.

32.33mph is very accurate- it’s a pity OP couldn’t be so accurate with their speed, personally I’m struggling to think of a justification for speeding in built up areas as a normal member of the public.

Tbh the only way to tell is to wait for the letter but I would suspect it’ll depend on of the police force as there’s different rules - some will do a % over the limit some do the straight limit etc but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 3 points and a fine.
(edited 3 years ago)
I guess you mean 32/33 mph, and no, if that was the actual speed on your speedometer, you shouldn't get a ticket, as they are a couple mph over.
Reply 5
Original post by arjanvirdi
I guess you mean 32/33 mph, and no, if that was the actual speed on your speedometer, you shouldn't get a ticket, as they are a couple mph over.

I’ve seen this stated a lot but I’m not sure it’s as simple as this. I know that, for example, my last car (BMW) the speedo was pretty much dead on with gps on the phone.

Granted it’s still not a definitive setup but I suspect the whole “speedos always underread” is not as sure as people think and more.

Definitely I wouldn’t advise doing 33 in a 30 cause it’s “probably 30” - 30 is the limit for a reason generally.
Original post by Husnain85

No. Most forces use 35mph as the critical value.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending