The Student Room Group

Dreary Days, Teary Truths, and Serene Slumber [Thoughts of a Chaotic Creature]

banner1.png
-
-

I am terrible (like wig-snatching, cringe-inducing, heart palpitations-inspiring terrible) at introductions, but I will try my best. I am creating this space for myself, to share some of my goals in hopes that it might encourage me to work effectively towards them, as often as I can and as much as necessary, even on days when I feel unmotivated. I keep a journal, but as only I am aware of its contents, it is easy to pretend that the pages on which I promised myself to do better than the day before conveniently don’t exist. Oops. Therefore, it seems like the only real solution to my dilemma is posting some of them publicly and holding myself accountable in this way.

This blog will be mostly random and chaotic (it’s only right that you should be warned teehee) and not even remotely structured because I value my peace of mind far too much to turn posting freely on this blog into a strenuous task or something that has to be done well. I will try and keep the posts on my personal goals coherent, I think I can manage that much at least. Otherwise, I want to be able to determine how I use this space as I go along, choosing what I share, how much I share, and other choices that I know I will be better able to make once I actually get started and figure out what works for me.

[Still editing - will add more in a few hours]
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reserved.
Do you ever plan something for yourself thinking it's a good idea getting outside of your comfort zone and when it's actually time to do whatever it is you thought was a good idea, your heart is beating wildly and all you want to do is slap yourself so hard across the face?

Past self: Oh wow, now imagine if you could do that. I reckon if you did that, that would totally make you feel like you are growing and progressing and developing and thriving-

Present self: I am in hell. This is hell. I reject my reality. This is not happening right now. I am dreaming.

Future self: Mentally, physically, spiritually, biologically and chemically exhausted. Don't do that again. Bravery is for fools.

---

Anyways, better go to bed early tonight. Will finish my first post tomorrow morning. : )
(edited 2 years ago)
Finally.
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
Finally.

:ashamed2: :colondollar:
^ 😂😭
^ :unimpressed:

Spoiler

Original post by Serene Dreams
Do you ever plan something for yourself thinking it's a good idea getting outside of your comfort zone and when it's actually time to do whatever it is you thought was a good idea, your heart is beating wildly and all you want to do is slap yourself so hard across the face?

Past self: Oh wow, now imagine if you could do that. I reckon if you did that, that would totally make you feel like you are growing and progressing and developing and thriving-

Present self: I am in hell. This is hell. I reject my reality. This is not happening right now. I am dreaming.

Future self: Mentally, physically, spiritually, biologically and chemically exhausted. Don't do that again. Bravery is for fools.

---

Anyways, better go to bed early tonight. Will finish my first post tomorrow morning. : )

rasclart LOOOOOL same

I am terrible (like wig-snatching, cringe-inducing, heart palpitations-inspiring terrible) at introductions, but I will try my best. I am creating this space for myself, to share some of my goals in hopes that it might encourage me to work effectively towards them, as often as I can and as much as necessary, even on days when I feel unmotivated. I keep a journal, but as only I am aware of its contents, it is easy to pretend that the pages on which I promised myself to do better than the day before conveniently don’t exist. Oops. Therefore, it seems like the only real solution to my dilemma is posting some of them publicly and holding myself accountable in this way.

This blog will be mostly random and chaotic (it’s only right that you should be warned teehee) and not even remotely structured because I value my peace of mind far too much to turn posting freely on this blog into a strenuous task or something that has to be done well. I will try and keep the posts on my personal goals coherent, I think I can manage that much at least. Otherwise, I want to be able to determine how I use this space as I go along, choosing what I share, how much I share, and other choices that I know I will be better able to make once I actually get started and figure out what works for me.

[Still editing - will add more in a few hours]

the bee is BACK yay:biggrin:

i will read this blog everyday brutal okay your the queen of tsr:biggrin:

also bee wears a wig have you got Alepecia?????:confused:
(edited 2 years ago)
Ooo ello ello 😁
Original post by Wise Goldie
also bee wears a wig have you got Alepecia?????:confused:

A lot of screaming occurred.
i will be here to bully you weekly lol:biggrin:

I don't doubt it, Goldie. I don't doubt it. 😞

Original post by Oceanwater
Ooo ello ello 😁

Ello, Ocean : )
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
A lot of screaming occurred.

I shouldn't have googled it. I feel like it's something I will think about in the future at the wrong time and in the wrong place and will almost die trying not to laugh.
(edited 2 years ago)
Today was a ridiculously hectic day and I didn't even get to lurk on TSR. Oh and I have stopped lurking now. Are you proud of me? :ashamed2: It's too much effort logging in and logging out so I try and not log out and leave the tab open. Oh and I have noticed that whenever I do have to log in (old habits are hard to break), I keep using another user's username. *cries* Anyways, I will stop talking about TSR on TSR. That's too sad, even for me. Joking. Teehee. There are some shows that I really cannot wait to start watching and when I do, I will of course be posting all my insane theories on this blog. I am currently thinking of starting Tribes of Europa and cannot wait for Shadow and Bone to come out. I recently watched Love and Monsters and if I had more time right now and didn't feel so cold and sick, I would sob my emo heart out and go on and on about why I love it so much, but perhaps another time. I will just leave this quote from the movie here though for anyone reading: "Go live your life. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it." Have a great week, everyone! : )
i wont bee your too nice but maybe i will tease you is that better lol:biggrin:

i think we all know how bee gonna die

laughing to death age 88:biggrin:

Phew. For a moment I thought I would have to suffer for much, much longer. 🤭

I-
Phew. For a moment I thought I would have to suffer for much, much longer. 🤭

I-

ok im consued cos you and celtic and ella all do it

when you say I-(what does that mean:colondollar:)
So obsessed with this playlist omg:

Spoiler

Favourite:

0:00 Vivaldi - Storm
20:29 Ludovico Einaudi - Experience

I know. Sue ⚖️ me 😔 for 😉 being 😪 so 😮 basic 😃
I shouldn't have googled it. I feel like it's something I will think about in the future at the wrong time and in the wrong place and will almost die trying not to laugh.

You got rid of “squealing like a piglet” which conjured such delightful imagery and made me laugh a lot ☹️

Oh for sure. That’s been happening to me a lot recently, I’ll be walking in front of lots of cars and I’ll remember something funny and smile so much trying to contain the laughter while I’m aware of these dozens of eyes watching me. And they must think I’m an escaped loony.
Bonjour, ma chérie <3
(edited 2 years ago)
ok im consued cos you and celtic and ella all do it

when you say I-(what does that mean:colondollar:)

Sigh. How do I explain this.... it's a lazy version of "anna ou-"

"Anna ou is a reaction based on a video of Ru Paul’s Drag Race contestant, Jasmine Masters saying “And I- oop”..."

People use both "i-" and "anna ou" or other versions of it like "and i oop-" if they find something awkward but hilarious. On the internet though everyone uses it all the time and usually when they don't know what else to say and anna ou is safe because it's basic and still quite funny. Omg I am explaining this so terribly.

Basically it's lazy way of trying to be funny. I really did wake up this morning and chose to roast myself, didn't I? Actually, it isn't lazy. It's efficient. Just a few quick words and everyone is amused.
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest