The Student Room Group

Do I let go?

So basically this girl I've liked for some time kept sending me mixed signals. I asked many times and she never confesses feelings so I let go of wanting her love love (she told me she loves me as a friend). However, I wanted to be friends and we were on social media. I said something about her beliefs and she unfriended me. Do I friend request her or leave it be? Did she act irrationally and not k a way back or do I just move on?
Sometimes, letting go is for the best. I think you should consider the fact that she is merely a friend, and move on. Life is too short to dwell on things that we can never have. As the old song goes, "But, it is time to face the truth, I will never be with you".
Reply 2
Original post by S H A R K Y
Sometimes, letting go is for the best. I think you should consider the fact that she is merely a friend, and move on. Life is too short to dwell on things that we can never have. As the old song goes, "But, it is time to face the truth, I will never be with you".

That's the thing I want to be friends but she unfriended me. Also it's on snap and her bitmoji is waving so idk wtf that means
Reply 3
Boost
Original post by Anonymous
So basically this girl I've liked for some time kept sending me mixed signals. I asked many times and she never confesses feelings so I let go of wanting her love love (she told me she loves me as a friend). However, I wanted to be friends and we were on social media. I said something about her beliefs and she unfriended me. Do I friend request her or leave it be? Did she act irrationally and not k a way back or do I just move on?

what did you say?
Reply 5
How much did she mean to you? Do you think it'd be worth it to keep talking to her? You could try adding her back once to give her a last shot, and let things go if she declines. If that happens you should have a talk and sort out the mixed signals, randomly blocking you, etc.
Reply 6
Original post by Foxehh
How much did she mean to you? Do you think it'd be worth it to keep talking to her? You could try adding her back once to give her a last shot, and let things go if she declines. If that happens you should have a talk and sort out the mixed signals, randomly blocking you, etc.

She meant everything to me. I acc loved her. Yeah imma try that. If she doesn't add me back then fairs. It's just it feels weird adding her like I'm a beg after she unfriended me. Idk but I'll try 1 last time
Reply 7
what did you say?

It was about something religious.
Reply 8
I think for my personal opinion If for her as well you are important she didnt need to act like that, and to discuss anything even something Maybe bother her thats the right thing, but for you better to move on dont spend time to something that probably not gonna change give all your efforts to someone that will come the right time properly and will see you the same way :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Athinaaa
I think for my personal opinion If for her as well you are important she didnt need to act like that, and to discuss anything even something Maybe bother her thats the right thing, but for you better to move on dont spend time to something that probably not gonna change give all your efforts to someone that will come the right time properly and will see you the same way :smile:

But should I not try and be friends? Like 1 last time. I've never met a girl like her were it clicks uno. So I have a good time w her even if it was to be just a friendship. It could last till I meet the 1 right?
Well its up to you, you can try of course but you will see as well how she will react If she Accept, i understand cause she is important for you i think it can be just a normal friendship.
Yes.
Best to let it go and avoid any further contact with her, unless she politely messages you.
It seems that the two of you do not have compatible personalities, beliefs or ambitions.
Original post by londonmyst
Yes.
Best to let it go and avoid any further contact with her, unless she politely messages you.
It seems that the two of you do not have compatible personalities, beliefs or ambitions.

Yes, she only wants OP as a friend, so no romantic interest there.

On top of this, he made a religious comment the girl didn't like. Religion means a lot to some young people and the fact the she unfriended him means he didn't say the right thing and has lost even her friendship.

Some things just aren't meant to be.

I would move on.
Original post by Oxford Mum
Yes, she only wants OP as a friend, so no romantic interest there.

On top of this, he made a religious comment the girl didn't like. Religion means a lot to some young people and the fact the she unfriended him means he didn't say the right thing and has lost even her friendship.

Some things just aren't meant to be.

I would move on.

We have the same religion just a slight difference of opinion. I gave her facts to back my argument on a certain matter and I wanted to discuss it but she was offended or something idk. I was respectful. I tried to be friends w her one last time but honestly I'm past it now it's up to her
We have the same religion just a slight difference of opinion. I gave her facts to back my argument on a certain matter and I wanted to discuss it but she was offended or something idk. I was respectful. I tried to be friends w her one last time but honestly I'm past it now it's up to her

Exactly. Move on. If the remark was so important that she was prepared to drop you, that tells it's own story.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending