The Student Room Group

Help with uni

In need of some advice. Basically straight after college I attended uni studying Psychology but I had to drop out of the course due to health reasons. But now at age of 21 I want to reapply to uni, possibly doing a SENDI course or a Psychology course (though not yet decided). However nervous that with only 80 UCAS points from my A-levels that I would just be rejected as I dont meet the entry requirements. Also is there much point attempting to make it to uni when I'm this old and with poor alevel grades.

Just wondered if I could get some advice.
Firstly 21 is definitely not old and if it’s what you want to do then there is a point to it :smile:

You mentioned you attended university already so your qualifications have the ability to get you there-it may just mean having to take a foundation year, or an access course first if you don’t meet the entry requirements for the course you wish to now attend.
Having dropped out due to health reasons you should be able to apply for CPR to get that years funding back added to your entitlement. (I assume it was only a year or less you attended though you don’t specify this so correct me if I’m wrong)

Another option to consider is going the Open University route which has no entry requirements. It would be part time study (or you can double up and take it full time but it would still be classed as part time for funding purposes)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending