The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Software Engineering

Hello, I couldn’t see a thread for this so I decided to post one.

Is anybody considering studying software engineering at Strathclyde this year? I have an offer and it would be nice to talk to others who are considering it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Phi.re0
Hello, I couldn’t see a thread for this so I decided to post one.

Is anybody considering studying software engineering at Strathclyde this year? I have an offer and it would be nice to talk to others who are considering it.

Yeah I did too
Strathclyde is my first choice but haven't heard back yet
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Original post by Kaisy_18
Yeah I did too
Strathclyde is my first choice but haven't heard back yet

Hopefully you hear back soon :smile:

I’m waiting to hear back about an apprenticeship but not sure how much I want to do that, strongly considering university and Strathclyde is definitely my first choice too
Reply 3
Original post by Phi.re0
Hopefully you hear back soon :smile:

I’m waiting to hear back about an apprenticeship but not sure how much I want to do that, strongly considering university and Strathclyde is definitely my first choice too

Is that the Glasgow Software Engineering Apprenticeship your talking about?
Reply 4
Is that the Glasgow Software Engineering Apprenticeship your talking about?

It’s a software engineering graduate apprenticeship with Barclays, I think it’s University of Glasgow they work with for that. Supposed to hear back on Monday but if I don’t get that then I’ll be going to Strathclyde.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Phi.re0
It’s a software engineering graduate apprenticeship with Barclays, I think it’s University of Glasgow they work with for that. Supposed to hear back on Monday but if I don’t get that then I’ll be going to Strathclyde.

Ah well I wish you all the best and I hope you get what you want 😀
Reply 6
Ah well I wish you all the best and I hope you get what you want 😀

Thank you, and the same to you! 😊
Reply 7
Unfortunately I only received reserve offers from my apprenticeship applications however that means I have accepted a conditional offer to study Software Engineering at Strathclyde :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Phi.re0
Unfortunately I only received reserve offers from my apprenticeship applications however that means I have accepted a conditional offer to study Software Engineering at Strathclyde :smile:

Aw that's a shame, oh well it's their loss😀
Reply 9
Aw that's a shame, oh well it's their loss😀

Sure is hehe, have you heard anything back yet?
Also if you don't mind could you tell me what ur higher grades were and what ur conditions for strathclyde are
And no av not heard back yet
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 11
Also if you don't mind could you tell me what ur higher grades were and what ur conditions for strathclyde are
And no av not heard back yet

Yeah of course, mine are a little different because I'm currently at college, but here's what I have:

HND Computing: Software Development - Not achieved yet
HNC Computing - A
Higher Computing Science - A
Higher NPA Software Development - Pass
Higher NPA Cyber Security - Pass
Higher English - C
National 5 Mathematics - B

I need to obtain an A in the graded unit for my HND and I also need to pass the mathematics summer school to get on the course
Original post by jamie.xo
Yeah of course, mine are a little different because I'm currently at college, but here's what I have:

HND Computing: Software Development - Not achieved yet
HNC Computing - A
Higher Computing Science - A
Higher NPA Software Development - Pass
Higher NPA Cyber Security - Pass
Higher English - C
National 5 Mathematics - B

I need to obtain an A in the graded unit for my HND and I also need to pass the mathematics summer school to get on the course

Those are pretty good conditions to be working towards, I don't know you, but I believe you can get them 😜
Reply 13
Those are pretty good conditions to be working towards, I don't know you, but I believe you can get them 😜

Thank you 😊 I hope you hear back soon
Thank you 😊 I hope you hear back soon

Thank you, will keep you updated😜
Hi! Glad to see you're considering Software Engineering at Strath. I'm just finishing up my placement, about to head into my final year, so if there's any questions you have about the course I'd be happy to answer. I've really enjoyed it so far, and I've heard good things about the final year :smile:

Cameron
Student Ambassador/Software Engineering Student
Hi
Sorry it's been a while but i got an unconditional offer on Monday, so will be going to Strathclyde
Reply 17
Hi
Sorry it's been a while but i got an unconditional offer on Monday, so will be going to Strathclyde

Congratulations, really glad to hear that!

I got some good news, was offered apprenticeship positions after being made only reserve offers from both JP Morgan and Barclays so I won’t be on this course unfortunately
Congratulations, really glad to hear that!

I got some good news, was offered apprenticeship positions after being made only reserve offers from both JP Morgan and Barclays so I won’t be on this course unfortunately

Aw that's absolutely amazing news and I wish you all the best and Good luck with the future 😀
Reply 19
Aw that's absolutely amazing news and I wish you all the best and Good luck with the future 😀

Thank you so much 😊 same to you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending