The Student Room Group

She randomly ghosts me

So i’d say i’m in the mid-late talking stage with this girl and she’s done this twice to me now. She will be very active on all social media’s but will just ghost me for like 2 days and I have no idea why, not just 1 social media but all of them.

So one day things seem to be going so well we reply to each other every 1-4 hours generally and then boom she’s just ghosting me and when she replies she doesn’t say why but carry’s on like nothings happened. Also I know she isn’t really busy because of how active she is on social media she probably has an 8 hour screen time or something.

I’m new to relationships so i’m not really sure what to do. Should I just let to be or should I ask her if Iv annoyed her? Because when i’m annoyed I do ghost people. Or idk perhaps she’s talking to another guy and he’s just better than me. Please let me know what I should do?

Scroll to see replies

She's keeping her options open
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
She's keeping her options open

Oh ok 😅🥲
Reply 3
Anybody else got an opinion?
What you have is not a 'relationship'. She enjoys how you make her feel but doesn't want a relationship with you. She just likes how you flirt with her.
playing hard to get? or she wants u to double text her etc
Reply 6
Personally, it might just mean she doesn’t care about the conversation as much. I’ve done that, but usually with people or convos that do not capture my interest so I procrastinate replying.

For guys I’m actually interested in, I would never not reply for 2 days.

Or she might just be busy - you can’t really judge that by their social media presence.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
If a girl is really interested she will respond straight away and want to hang out with you.
It sounds like you are might well already be in the friend zone without even realising it.
So i’d say i’m in the mid-late talking stage with this girl and she’s done this twice to me now. She will be very active on all social media’s but will just ghost me for like 2 days and I have no idea why, not just 1 social media but all of them.

So one day things seem to be going so well we reply to each other every 1-4 hours generally and then boom she’s just ghosting me and when she replies she doesn’t say why but carry’s on like nothings happened. Also I know she isn’t really busy because of how active she is on social media she probably has an 8 hour screen time or something.

I’m new to relationships so i’m not really sure what to do. Should I just let to be or should I ask her if Iv annoyed her? Because when i’m annoyed I do ghost people. Or idk perhaps she’s talking to another guy and he’s just better than me. Please let me know what I should do?

just shag someone else
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by TFEU
Personally, it might just mean she doesn’t care about the conversation as much. I’ve done that, but usually with people or convos that do not capture my interest so I procrastinate replying.

For guys I’m actually interested in, I would never not reply for 2 days.

Or she might just be busy - you can’t really judge that by their social media presence.

I think I might just double text her and if she doesn’t reply in 4-5 hours i’m going to cut my losses and move on. I’m a bit crushed really, but I can’t really do much I guess 🥲
I think I might just double text her and if she doesn’t reply in 4-5 hours i’m going to cut my losses and move on. I’m a bit crushed really, but I can’t really do much I guess 🥲

She just apologized and said she was busy with loads of work. She replied pretty instantly so I guess that’s a good sign
"mid-late talking stage with this girl"
Maybe this assumption is the problem - do you both share what seems to be, for you, a journey of 'stages'. Are your assumptions about relationship formation the same? If that's even what's on the cards. Maybe her perception is based on some different assumptions. Maybe you should ask, discuss.
"mid-late talking stage with this girl"
Maybe this assumption is the problem - do you both share what seems to be, for you, a journey of 'stages'. Are your assumptions about relationship formation the same? If that's even what's on the cards. Maybe her perception is based on some different assumptions. Maybe you should ask, discuss.

So on google it said to go exclusive you wait 2-3 months and I will planning on asking her to go exclusive around the 2 month mark which is in about 2-3 weeks. I’m just getting these assumptions off google to be 100% honest. That was generally my plan.
So on google it said to go exclusive you wait 2-3 months and I will planning on asking her to go exclusive around the 2 month mark which is in about 2-3 weeks. I’m just getting these assumptions off google to be 100% honest. That was generally my plan.

That's such a flaky source of information. What does Google know of this specific person? People are not generic commodities, they are individuals with widely differing ideas, assumptions and needs. Your source of data should be her. Listen to what she says. Try to communicate your own thoughts clearly too.
That's such a flaky source of information. What does Google know of this specific person? People are not generic commodities, they are individuals with widely differing ideas, assumptions and needs. Your source of data should be her. Listen to what she says. Try to communicate your own thoughts clearly too.

What should I say to her? How long do you think the talking stage should be??? Obviously said in a more entertaining way but essentially that?

I do this to people no matter how much I admire them. In my case it doesn't mean much, she might just be the type to get overwhelmed easily.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Synergy~
I do this to people no matter how much I admire them. In my case it doesn't mean much, she might just be the type to get overwhelmed easily.

That’s fine and all but why doesn’t she just tell me. She just does stuff and leaves me in the dark guessing and if I ask her she doesn’t like to talk about it. I normally tell her stuff i’m going to do so she isn’t left in the dark. I feel like there’s a communication issue but i’m not sure how to solve it.
What should I say to her? How long do you think the talking stage should be??? Obviously said in a more entertaining way but essentially that?

There is no 'talking stage', there is no 'should be'. If you want the situation to change from its current state then you're going to have to say so, and say what you want that change to be - allied to the risk that she may be perfectly happy with how things are now and may not react well. It's going to be something along they lines of 'we seem to have been getting along well and I'd like for us to have an exclusive relationship / be a couple / talk about plans for the future' or say 'where do you feel our relationship is heading' or 'what do you want our relationship to be because I'd like..'
It's a risk, but she may well be trying to work out where things are headed too, and unless one of you says something, you'll neither of you know.
That’s fine and all but why doesn’t she just tell me. She just does stuff and leaves me in the dark guessing and if I ask her she doesn’t like to talk about it. I normally tell her stuff i’m going to do so she isn’t left in the dark. I feel like there’s a communication issue but i’m not sure how to solve it.

What do you mean she doesn’t like to talk about it? As in you have confronted her on the ghosting thing point blank? What would she say in response specifically if you have. If you haven’t, you definitely can and should btw:

You could playfully poke at her taking two days to respond in a way that doesn’t come off as passive aggressive. That way she’s less likely to be defensive, but the drawback of this approach is she might just respond lightly and not give a serious answer or closure.

In terms of communication issues, you need to bring that issue to the table so you both can work on it or reach a compromise/ understanding. Maybe it’s just the way she is, some are more secretive or closed off than others. Or, and hopefully not, there isn’t much to it and it’s just a loss of interest. But by bringing that issue to the table and seeing her reactions you can more accurately ‘diagnose’ the problem

To add: if I were you, and I don’t know how mature this is lol, I would try withdrawing a bit and seeing if they’d bother initiating more or not. If not I would usually take that as a sign that whatever is going on is a bit more one-sided
(edited 2 years ago)

Message her and then as soon as she replies don't say anything. Infact don't even read the message, ignore her and move on. This girl doesn't like you my guy. If she did she wouldn't try to ghost you. If she actually liked you she would be initiating conversations with you and would reply pretty quickly and would want to talk to you.

So yeah, as I said wait till she messages you and then don't even open the chat. Just ignore her and potentially unadd her and move on, you are wasting your time with this girl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending