The Student Room Group

accidentally called back an unknown number

so as you can see by the title, I accidentally called back an unknown number.
I was looking through my missed calls and when I was trying to scroll down I accidentally tapped an unknown caller's number and it began ringing. I ended it quickly and no one answered (well obviously, I ended it quickly)

I know that answering an unknown phone number can get you hacked, but can *accidentally* calling one (without them answering) be dangerous? idk, I'm
not too good with tech so I apologize if I sound stupid
the outcome of you calling back an unknown number is probably less eventful than you think.
the only issue is that you have now confirmed that your number is active and that might make you more prone to scam calls in the future.
just be safe and i am sure everything will be okay, don't worry too much about this.
Reply 2
Original post by teddylikesfrogs
the outcome of you calling back an unknown number is probably less eventful than you think.
the only issue is that you have now confirmed that your number is active and that might make you more prone to scam calls in the future.
just be safe and i am sure everything will be okay, don't worry too much about this.

This helped me a lot. thanks! 😁
Original post by Anonymous
This helped me a lot. thanks! 😁

i am happy to help man! have a great day!! <3
I just posted a thread asking for advice about scam callers lol

it really makes me nervous! I tried calling back as it was an 07 number and i thought it was just someone i know but the number was suddenly invalid when i called back a minute later.
Original post by Anonymous
I just posted a thread asking for advice about scam callers lol

it really makes me nervous! I tried calling back as it was an 07 number and i thought it was just someone i know but the number was suddenly invalid when i called back a minute later.

i promise that you have nothing to worry about! if it gives you any piece of mind, you can block the number that you accidently called :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending