The Student Room Group

potential red flags

my boyfriend had a habit of following girls on tik tok and i could tell as soon as i went to their page that he was doing it for their beautiful bodies, something i wasnt 100% blessed with. i expressed how hurt this made me TWICE having a long conversation about it and he was so apologetic and remorseful and removed them. i looked today (its been months) and saw more girls in his following that showed off their bodies only. I confronted him about it again telling him he made me sick by completely ignoring my feelings. he lied about them being old ones he accidentally didn’t delete then later came clean. he apologized once more and said he understood he lost my trust and said it wont happen again. I am currently beyond hurt and ghosting him. I feel as though if he can follow girls simply because he likes their bodies even after us having those conversations, and lie to my face, it would be easy for him to cheat as well. Is this a major red flag? What do i do?
Original post by kenna_kjh
my boyfriend had a habit of following girls on tik tok and i could tell as soon as i went to their page that he was doing it for their beautiful bodies, something i wasnt 100% blessed with. i expressed how hurt this made me TWICE having a long conversation about it and he was so apologetic and remorseful and removed them. i looked today (its been months) and saw more girls in his following that showed off their bodies only. I confronted him about it again telling him he made me sick by completely ignoring my feelings. he lied about them being old ones he accidentally didn’t delete then later came clean. he apologized once more and said he understood he lost my trust and said it wont happen again. I am currently beyond hurt and ghosting him. I feel as though if he can follow girls simply because he likes their bodies even after us having those conversations, and lie to my face, it would be easy for him to cheat as well. Is this a major red flag? What do i do?

tbh if he continuously ignores what you tell him and he lies about it then there is someone out there that would do what u told to do in a sec and there is probably someone out there that wouldn’t even follow the girls cause they will respect you but if you love him then try to talk it through and if he still carries on then it’s ur choice luv but just be aware and always break up with them first ! So u don’t get hurt later one but hopefully u two are good
It doesn’t really mean that he is more likely to cheat. However, just disrespecting your boundaries and lying about them is enough. These 2 are the red flags.

It might simply be about compatibility. He is never going to stop thirsting over other girls (that’s his right), but you should not be expected to be okay with it when it clearly makes you uncomfortable (that’s your right). The lying on top of it makes me think it’s best to call it quits. He can find a girl who doesn’t care about stuff like this, and you can find a guy who doesn’t do stuff like this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending