The Student Room Group

Sending flowers to ex!

So me and ex have been broken up for a month now, she broke up with me due to her mental health issues.

Last time I spoke to her was on thursday, after that I have't spoke to her because I wanna giver her space that she wants.

I really wanted to text her and wish her well for the uni placement shes starting next week but I dont wanna also text her to give her space. So I ordered some flowers to her house with a card wishing her the best for her placement.

It will get deliverd on monday, but Im just stressing that if she will like it or not.

Girls if you are reading this, what do you think?
Reply 1
You don't want to send her a message, so you send a message..and flowers? I think you need to find out what the boundaries are here; how did she define 'wanting space' or, if it wasn't clear, ask? You've split up, she's an ex, no mention of staying friends which is when I would say it's a thoughtful gesture...
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
You don't want to send her a message, so you send a message..and flowers? I think you need to find out what the boundaries are here; how did she define 'wanting space' or, if it wasn't clear, ask? You've split up, she's an ex, no mention of staying friends which is when I would say it's a thoughtful gesture...

We did deicide we will stay friends and talk time to time.
Original post by Surnia
You don't want to send her a message, so you send a message..and flowers?

the reason why sending a message and flowers is much more acceptable is because its more thoughtful and less confrontation than a phone call/text

if someone in your family dies, you'll get send cards and flowers. why? because you can deal with those when you get the time and its nice to know people are thinking of you

the only thing that differentiate this is whether or not the break up was amicable and here, it may well of been
Reply 4
Don’t send flowers to someone who dumped you is a good rule. Mind you, I once did worse, sending an Easter egg
Avoid any contact

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending