The Student Room Group

Primary school teacher interview tomorrow!

Hi all,

I have an interview for a primary school teacher training course tomorrow. I have done plenty of prep but was wondering if anyone has any pointers?

The interview itself lasts for 45 minutes and I also have to do a 3 minute presentation on a children's book written within the last 10 years.

Following this there will also be a written task that I will have to submit by the end of the day.

If anyone has already had their interview I would love to know how it went and if there is any advice you could give me.
I am terribly nervous as becoming a teacher really means the world to me and I don't want to mess this up!

Thanks in advance

J
Original post by wannabeteacher83
Hi all,

I have an interview for a primary school teacher training course tomorrow. I have done plenty of prep but was wondering if anyone has any pointers?

The interview itself lasts for 45 minutes and I also have to do a 3 minute presentation on a children's book written within the last 10 years.

Following this there will also be a written task that I will have to submit by the end of the day.

If anyone has already had their interview I would love to know how it went and if there is any advice you could give me.
I am terribly nervous as becoming a teacher really means the world to me and I don't want to mess this up!

Thanks in advance

J

Any chance that this is at UEA?
Sounds very similar to the interview process I had with them for teacher training.
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Any chance that this is at UEA?
Sounds very similar to the interview process I had with them for teacher training.

Yes it is. Any tips?
The book presentation itself is actually really easy!
1. This book was written in the last 10 years. Its called ... by ...
2. I like this book because ... From this I can use it to teach ...
3. It has good cross curricular links to ... which can also allow me to teach ...

The interview itself (from personal experience) was all over the place. They ask you about one topic, move on to the next then go back to more questions about the other topic. The only tip is to be prepared for some bizarre questions. Like, i was asked about Boris Johnson and what i would discuss with him education-wise if i had a chance.

As for the written task, i honestly i have no idea. I remember the other applicants and i were so lost and just ended up handed in whatever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending