The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

which London based unis care about forgien language gcse grade?

I know edit ucl not queen mary care about it, want a 5 in it
so what other unis care about it?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by interlanken-fall
I know queen mary car about it, want a 5 in it
so what other unis care about it?

UCL most definitely care.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by ageshallnot
UCL most definitely care.

oh is there a reason why?
and any others
You could always look this info up yourself on their websites.
"At UCL, we believe that knowledge of a modern foreign language and the possession of intercultural skills are an integral part of a 21st century education."
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2012/jan/ucl-modern-language-entry-requirements
(edited 2 years ago)
"At UCL, we believe that knowledge of a modern foreign language and the possession of intercultural skills are an integral part of a 21st century education."
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2012/jan/ucl-modern-language-entry-requirements

i failed my language at school can i retake foreign language gcse but with a different language?
i failed my language at school can i retake foreign language gcse but with a different language?

Yes but you can also study a language at UCL.
Yes but you can also study a language at UCL.

but i wanna do a chem degree at uni and cause I failed language
ucl might not even look at my letter or ill be hugely disadvangted
but i wanna do a chem degree at uni and cause I failed language
ucl might not even look at my letter or ill be hugely disadvangted

No-one is making you apply to UCL. If you want to make UCL one of your five choices then you need either to pass a foreign language GCSE or study a language once you are studying there.
No-one is making you apply to UCL. If you want to make UCL one of your five choices then you need either to pass a foreign language GCSE or study a language once you are studying there.

i think i might retake languages gcse
i think i might retake languages gcse

Go for it! 😃

What language did you take and what did you get? It may just be practice, confidence and a bit of work on it. I struggled with science but again it’s about relating it. I’ve tutored before and helped students and may apply for pt teacher training just to get the skills and experience to tutor better.
Also immerse yourself in it, listen to radio, songs, films, you tube, Netflix can watch bilingual or another language. Also the online apps can help.

It wouldn't be a retake but you can always take a new GCSE, yes.

My understanding is that only UCL put an emphasis on having a GCSE in an MFL but if you don't have one you just have to study a language a bit when you're there. As far as I know no other university has an MFL GCSE as a standard entry requirement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending