The Student Room Group

Plagiarism and malpractice

I have been called in to write a statement that they suspect I have plagiarised and I am so worried I have been studying for so long

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
if your innocent, just tell the truth and all.

just email your teacher and head of department of what's happening and of course if your a good person they will understand thats something you wouldnt do and also if the work has been copied from google slides or something it can be traced down.
Reply 2
I have told I have been using pass papers but they are saying I have a Mark scheme which I haven’t so I don’t know why they t saying this I have done the exam in exam conditions but I looked up questions before the exams of what papers I thought it might be so how can I know what it is
Original post by Shazia123
I have told I have been using pass papers but they are saying I have a Mark scheme which I haven’t so I don’t know why they t saying this I have done the exam in exam conditions but I looked up questions before the exams of what papers I thought it might be so how can I know what it is

Were the past papers and questions you looked up freely available from your course?
Reply 4
Original post by GabiAbi84
Were the past papers and questions you looked up freely available from your course?

Yes I done all the past papers on the internet and then I covered anything that cud come up aswell

Ask them why they're suspecting you? (press for concrete evidence) You can't defend yourself against an accusation that has only been briefly outlined to you, they have pretty much assumed guilt here.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by _gcx
Ask them why they're suspecting you? (press for concrete evidence) You can't defend yourself against an accusation that has only been briefly outlined to you, they have pretty much assumed guilt here.

I have got the papers back and my answers aren’t even the same
For one mark answers they r accusing me
I have had so much practice and look at what is happening how am I going to go on
Yes I done all the past papers on the internet and then I covered anything that cud come up aswell

Were these freely available though or did you pay for them/get them illegally.

If they were freely available then all you need do is explain what you did/where you got the answers you got.
If they were not freely available then you may have an issue there.
Contact your student advisor who will help explain what is going to happen and what steps you can take from here.
(edited 2 years ago)
I have got the papers back and my answers aren’t even the same
For one mark answers they r accusing me
I have had so much practice and look at what is happening how am I going to go on

Stand your ground, point out how 1 markers generally do not generally elicit varied responses (any competent teacher would know this), point out differences between your paper and the markscheme, point out how few any similarities are. Talk to uninvolved teachers about the situation, and so on.

Don't know what else to say, hopefully teachers will not have this sort of power over your grades or outcomes the next time you come about to doing exams and so on.
Reply 9
Original post by GabiAbi84
Were these freely available though or did you pay for them/get them illegally.

If they were freely available then all you need do is explain what you did/where you got the answers you got.
If they were not freely available then you may have an issue there.
Contact your student advisor who will help explain what is going to happen and what steps you can take from here.

Yes they were on the aqa website.
They have given me my test paper and on some questions my answer is similar to mark scheme but y is that causing accusations when I worked for it
Reply 10
Original post by _gcx
Stand your ground, point out how 1 markers generally do not generally elicit varied responses (any competent teacher would know this), point out differences between your paper and the markscheme, point out how few any similarities are. Talk to uninvolved teachers about the situation, and so on.

Don't know what else to say, hopefully teachers will not have this sort of power over your grades or outcomes the next time you come about to doing exams and so on.

Honestly I’m so upset I am helpless I’d have been better off cheating

what subject was this?
Reply 12
Original post by effertiti
what subject was this?

Science gcse
Reply 13
Original post by de poj
if your innocent, just tell the truth and all.

just email your teacher and head of department of what's happening and of course if your a good person they will understand thats something you wouldnt do and also if the work has been copied from google slides or something it can be traced down.

They don’t have any evidence just that my answers are similar to mark scheme but Wudnt they be to have a correct answer

Understandable. If you feel that the way they treated you is unfair (sounds like it), I'd recommend speaking to your parents if they'd speak to your school.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by _gcx
Understandable. If you feel that the way they treated you is unfair (sounds like it), I'd recommend speaking to your parents if they'd speak to your school.

My mum has emailed the school and I got all the mark papers back and they biology is stupid it’s one mark answers how can I get them wrong am I dumb and Chemistry 5 marks how can they question it and physics over ten marks but an idiot who revised would know the answers Mum even thought how can u do this just depressing
My mum has emailed the school and I got all the mark papers back and they biology is stupid it’s one mark answers how can I get them wrong am I dumb and Chemistry 5 marks how can they question it and physics over ten marks but an idiot who revised would know the answers Mum even thought how can u do this just depressing

Maybe it's something else? Have your grades been consistent lately? Or did you suddenly start scoring really high? Even then, it still won't be a good enough reason to accuse you of cheating. Besides, there's not much they can do regardless of whether or not you cheated... it's not like they're going to force you to take another exam.. right?
Reply 17
Original post by effertiti
Maybe it's something else? Have your grades been consistent lately? Or did you suddenly start scoring really high? Even then, it still won't be a good enough reason to accuse you of cheating. Besides, there's not much they can do regardless of whether or not you cheated... it's not like they're going to force you to take another exam.. right?

I would rather they told me to take another exam
I’m ready I just don’t want to be waiting they have left me in limbo like the last day I didn’t even enjoy the last day of school was too busy crying to my form teacher and the head of year who were so helpful
I got basically 7 in mocks I think I got an 8 in maths now n my grades are decent enough
(edited 2 years ago)
I would rather they told me to take another exam
I’m ready I just don’t want to be waiting they have left me in limbo like the last day I didn’t even enjoy the last day of school was too busy crying to my form teacher and the head of year who were so helpful
I got basically 7 in mocks I think I got an 8 in maths now n my grades are decent enough

I would defend myself even if I cheated lol. Don't let them at you! :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by cleveranimal56
I would defend myself even if I cheated lol. Don't let them at you! :biggrin:

I just can’t believe it if I had cheated at least I would feel guilty and know it’s my own fault, I can tell my mum is fuming

Quick Reply

Latest