The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
whay its monday
:biggrin:
the track addiction begins again, oh dear.
I've heard that Track isn't open to some universities yet? Does anyone know which uni's they are (if thats true...)? Already checked Track this morning ... oh dear...
I've managed 2 days without checking so far.
Today, it's going to be hard to resist.
Reply 423
little_lau89
I've heard that Track isn't open to some universities yet? Does anyone know which uni's they are (if thats true...)? Already checked Track this morning ... oh dear...

I don't know, that sounds a bit odd. If the universities take applications from UCAS (and all do I believe apart from music conservatoires) then TRACK will update when they give an offer, and if it doesn't then they'll probably contact the applicant directly.

And hurrah for Monday. Here begins the 10 moments after 12 and 5 each day when I get all excited to see I have mail and then discover that someone's added me on facebook... :rolleyes: Really, it's nice to have friends online, but sometimes I've rather have an offer... :s-smilie:
HoVis
I don't know, that sounds a bit odd. If the universities take applications from UCAS (and all do I believe apart from music conservatoires) then TRACK will update when they give an offer, and if it doesn't then they'll probably contact the applicant directly.

And hurrah for Monday. Here begins the 10 moments after 12 and 5 each day when I get all excited to see I have mail and then discover that someone's added me on facebook... :rolleyes: Really, it's nice to have friends online, but sometimes I've rather have an offer... :s-smilie:

Is that when track updates?! Is this where i've been going wrong? Lol... This addiction isn't healthy...
Reply 425
little_lau89
Is that when track updates?! Is this where i've been going wrong? Lol... This addiction isn't healthy...

TRACK updates at any time during the day, but UCAS sends out emails at 12 and 5 every day to tell people if their TRACK has updated. The reason we're all so addicted to TRACK is because of the lag... I mean, what if the uni accepts you at 3pm ?! Then you'll be a whole 2 hours unaware when you didn't have to be!!! :eek:

Lol. :rolleyes: So, yes, that is the thinking behind TRACKing...

Hope that helps :smile:
HoVis
TRACK updates at any time during the day, but UCAS sends out emails at 12 and 5 every day to tell people if their TRACK has updated. The reason we're all so addicted to TRACK is because of the lag... I mean, what if the uni accepts you at 3pm ?! Then you'll be a whole 2 hours unaware when you didn't have to be!!! :eek:

Lol. :rolleyes: So, yes, that is the thinking behind TRACKing...

Hope that helps :smile:

Ahhhhh... yeah thanks :smile: Just found my ucas emails from last year and realised they're all at either 12.02 or 17.02!!! Never noticed lol.

"UCAS Application Status Notification" - was so excited everytime i got one of those...
Track updates really slow. My Leeds offer came through on Friday, it's Monday now and Track hasn't updated.
I'm attempting to only check my emails this week rather than track.
I've just had a traumatic experience :frown:
The post came about 15 minutes ago, in which i had two letters. One from Oxford and one from Kings. My immediate thought was :eek: are Oxford rejecting me before i even take the BMAT :frown: but then i realised it send in the email acknowelegment that they would send a letter copy. Cue sigh of relief. Then the Kings letter. People have been recieving offers for Biochemstry and Biomedical Sciences so i thought "this is it". I quickly ripped the letter open saw the word "delighted" jump out at me, heart beating, to read "i can confirm you application has been safely recieved".

Gutted is the word to decribe my feelings right now. Gutted. I'm now off to check track :frown:
Reply 430
I know fuul well they will email me if it I get an offer (or rejection :O) but i still check track everytime im on the computer... Oh and Durham has its own tracking thing for extra fun!
Reply 431
claireythepinkfairy
I've just had a traumatic experience :frown:
The post came about 15 minutes ago, in which i had two letters. One from Oxford and one from Kings. My immediate thought was :eek: are Oxford rejecting me before i even take the BMAT :frown: but then i realised it send in the email acknowelegment that they would send a letter copy. Cue sigh of relief. Then the Kings letter. People have been recieving offers for Biochemstry and Biomedical Sciences so i thought "this is it". I quickly ripped the letter open saw the word "delighted" jump out at me, heart beating, to read "i can confirm you application has been safely recieved".

Gutted is the word to decribe my feelings right now. Gutted. I'm now off to check track :frown:

Awww. :console: If it's any comfort, I haven't even received acknowledgment from King's. :frown:
Oh no!
You poor thing. Damn universities getting our hopes up *shakes fist*
Reply 433
Hana.W
I know fuul well they will email me if it I get an offer (or rejection :O) but i still check track everytime im on the computer... Oh and Durham has its own tracking thing for extra fun!

Same for Edinburgh, they just have to tempt us all the more, don't they? :p:
time for a 12.00 email check?
Once more... Nada
Nothing...
Nothing for me :frown: Anyone get an offer?
Reply 438
snap... :frown:
nothin for me :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending