The Student Room Group

I think my boyfriend is interested in smoking

My boyfriend keeps hanging out with me and our friends during parties when we go out for smoking breaks. He occasionally makes comments about how he's never tried smoking before and wonders if he'd like it. Recently, I convinced him to give it a try, so I gave him one of my light cigarettes. I showed him how to inhale properly, and I was surprised that he didn't cough. He mentioned feeling light-headed but said he kind of liked the feeling. The next day, he asked me if I was surprised when he wanted cigarette
Original post by Browarka
My boyfriend keeps hanging out with me and our friends during parties when we go out for smoking breaks. He occasionally makes comments about how he's never tried smoking before and wonders if he'd like it. Recently, I convinced him to give it a try, so I gave him one of my light cigarettes. I showed him how to inhale properly, and I was surprised that he didn't cough. He mentioned feeling light-headed but said he kind of liked the feeling. The next day, he asked me if I was surprised when he wanted cigarette

Yeah obviously you take one fang you get addicted to it :rolleyes:
I don't think you did him a favour by getting him on cigarettes. Time passes quickly, many cigarettes a day add up to cumulative damage to health. So can end in heart disease/attacks, cancer even by 30s & 40s if not younger, emphysema so real difficult to breath, strokes, etc. Loss of health means loss of quality of life so not good for you or him. Better not to start in the first place.
Original post by Katerina S.
I don't think you did him a favour by getting him on cigarettes. Time passes quickly, many cigarettes a day add up to cumulative damage to health. So can end in heart disease/attacks, cancer even by 30s & 40s if not younger, emphysema so real difficult to breath, strokes, etc. Loss of health means loss of quality of life so not good for you or him. Better not to start in the first place.

Rather than encouraging him and giving him a “light” cigarette you should have told him no once he has it it’s an automatic addiction as wise the increase of cigarettes for him will become a habit and a must and likewise he will only mess up his health himself. Shouldn’t have even smoked in the first place.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
What's your question? Are you concerned by it, in which case why don't you give up smoking because it's a filthy habit, expensive and unhealthy? Or do you not like him intruding on your 'thing', in which case would you choose your boyfriend over smoking because it's a filthy habit, expensive and unhealthy?
Reply 5
If anything, you should have faked it with a cigarette-themed candy stick vs an actual cigarette if he was curious.
Convince him this is the real deal, and save his life by not starting his addiction to actual cigarettes XD

Yea is there any part of this we are supposed to care about or comment on?
Thank you for illuminating us on this matter ! :thumbsup:
Yes, some people do try cigarettes.
Thread of the year material surely
Right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending