The Student Room Group

will university be online again in September?

or in person?
Reply 1
Majority in person , some maybe online , by then almost every adult should have the vaccine so don’t see why not
Original post by savethebears
or in person?

Hi! @savethebears

At Portsmouth, we are hoping to go back to normal in person as soon as possible. We are aiming to have 20% of learning online and 80% in person. This means most lectures will be online, but seminars will be in person.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
or in person?

Hey!

I think it really depends on the university! I believe some universities have plans for it to be in person, with maybe some online learning. Other universities I believe are seeing what the situation is like as COVID is so unpredictable and forever changing! So it's something that we can't be 100% sure on. I would suggest contacting your university or the university you're going to for an update and ask to be kept updated with any decisions they make!

I hope this helps!

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
It all feels uncertain at the moment. From what I can gather it seems most unis are planning online lectures but in person tutorials. I think they are aiming to get back to inperson teaching and activities as much as possible. But with winter coming and new variants nothing can be guaranteed, as it could all change. I think you need to prepare for every eventuality. IMHO personally I think it will still be a hit and miss year in 2021 but I'm feeling oprimistic for 2022
Hi there,

So different University will have different teaching plans, which are often not published yet - and all of course subject to change...

I think that most Universities will be take a blended approach, with lectures online and then seminars/practicals/tutorial in person while complies with social distancing. I would look on the University website that you hope to studying at and see what info on COVID and teaching that they have published.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Studnet Rep
or in person?

Hey @savethebears,

Here at Reading we plan to have lectures online and seminars and workshops in person in small groups. I think the plan is to make teaching more towards seminars rather than lectures to get the most out of contact time.

Although whichever way it goes, the lecturers will always work hard to make sure you feel supported, even if all learning is online! So try not to worry about this too much.

Hope this helps

Daisy
2nd year politics and international relations student
Hi there,

I am currently a Student Ambassador at CU Scarborough (just finished my third-year studies). At CU Scarborough it is split between online lecturers as well as face to face sessions. This is done to break down the amount of time spent inside uni, also allows students the opportunity to have some sort of normality being back on campus. Previously, before Covid, students were in 16 hours a week now it is two 4 hour sessions and the rest is done virtually online. This does depend on the university and may differ according to different degree courses.

Hope this helps
Aimee - CU Scarborough
or in person?

Hi @savethebears,
I'm Pebbles, one of the university's student ambassadors.

At the University of Bedfordshire, we aim to have close to all of our courses back on campuses and running efficiently when we start again in September, for some of our courses have already taken place in classrooms towards the end of the semester, so the big aim is for the rest to join them.
I hope this answers your question :smile:
or in person?

Hello @savethebears
The University of Bedfordshire has announced that as long as the Government roadmap continues as planned and lockdown restrictions are removed by September, our courses will be fully back to in person teaching! Our campus is a beautiful space with excellent resources so this is excellent news and it will be amazing to return to in-person teaching.
If restrictions were to continue the University have said that teaching will either be blended (partially in-person and partially online) or entirely online. Nevertheless, all of Bedfordshire's courses followed one of these two approaches this academic year and the quality of teaching has been to the highest standard. It has absolutely been possible to still achieve your full potential whilst learning remotely and the tutors have continued to support us by working flexibly and offering one to one meetings in order to help you meet the grade you want to work towards.
If you have any further questions please tag me and I will respond promptly, I look forward to hearing from you.
Katie (Student Ambassador of the University of Bedfordshire)
Hello, one of the University of Bedfordshire student ambassadors here!

Although we have been having online (live and prerecorded) lectures mostly for the year of 2020/2021, it is planned that the doors open this September for face-to-face teaching for the academic year of 2021/2022. :smile:

In light of that, perhaps events will take place physically too but still social distancing will still be maintained for health purposes. But still, the University of Bedfordshire is doing their best to make student life as enjoyable and fruitful as possible despite the current state of the world.

If anyone reading this here is stuck in between choosing universities, i can tell you more about ours haha!

Regards,
Fareeha
Hi @savethebears,

At the University of Roehampton, our plan is to return to a campus-led approach to learning, teaching, assessment and campus life, in a safe way - we expect the majority of students will come to campus for in-person teaching in 2021/22. At the same time, we will be keeping some of the arrangements that our students have told us worked best for them, to facilitate flexible access to learning and learning resources.

Our beautiful, parkland campus will continue to be open in line with government guidance. This includes the Library, study and social spaces, faith spaces, catering outlets and student support services.

Activities and events organised by sports clubs and societies, Roehampton Students' Union and our Colleges will take place across the year in-person and online, and at the same time, London is re-opening on our doorstep, and ready to welcome you!

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best for the future! :smile:

- Greg, Social Media Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending