The Student Room Group

In a weird position I need advice

I’ll try and keep this short: I met someone at uni we shared a flat together with some others. We got on extremely well and did everything together and had an amazing friendship. However, I’m starting to catch feelings against my own will and we’re living together next year as well. What should I do? I was thinking of waiting the year then moving out for the final year and coming up with another excuse or something. If anyone has some advice it’s be greatly appreciated.
Do you have an inkling of their feelings towards you? It might be worth assessing that to see how you proceed. Who knows, maybe they like you too and you wouldn't be too opposed to having a relationship.
Reply 2
Original post by RazzzBerries
Do you have an inkling of their feelings towards you? It might be worth assessing that to see how you proceed. Who knows, maybe they like you too and you wouldn't be too opposed to having a relationship.

It’s hard to say really people would probably she liked me too by the way we are when we’re together but at the same time could just be our type of friendship. She has mentioned what she likes in a guy in the past and I happened to have most if not all of them but this whole living together thing is making it hard to tell.
Original post by Anonymous
It’s hard to say really people would probably she liked me too by the way we are when we’re together but at the same time could just be our type of friendship. She has mentioned what she likes in a guy in the past and I happened to have most if not all of them but this whole living together thing is making it hard to tell.

Do you have a trusted friend living together with you guys that could provide a second opinion?
Reply 4
Original post by RazzzBerries
Do you have a trusted friend living together with you guys that could provide a second opinion?

Not really no they’re a lot closer to her than me and I wouldn’t really trust them
Original post by Anonymous
Not really no they’re a lot closer to her than me and I wouldn’t really trust them

It's your move really, you've got to see what you think her reaction would be and if you can handle any (possible) negative reaction after for a year.
Weigh up the pros and cons and see what you go for.

Personally, I think you should just go for it. You're being honest which she can't fault you for.
Trust your gut instinct. :smile:
PersonaIly I wouldn't advise anyone to consider getting sexually/romatically involved with a friend, housemate, coworker, blood relation or family member.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending