The Student Room Group

Are freshers tickets worth it?

Hi, I’ve joined a lot of group chats and social media pages for my firmed uni and course. On there, all EVERYONE can talk about is what freshers tickets people are buying. Im hesitant to buy any because not only is it not guaranteed I’ll get into the uni of my choice, but they’re also really expensive - £80 for some?! Nonetheless, I don’t want to be left behind because I didn’t buy tickets prior to starting uni.

So, for people at university, would you say that it’s worth buying freshers tickets before September.
No, freshers tickets are usually scams (not in the sense that you buy something that doesn’t exist but in that you don’t get anywhere near value for money and it’s not at all worth it)
The price will increase with how many tickets are sold which, to me, is all kinds of wrong.
You won’t actually end up going to half the events which makes it cheaper to buy tickets on the door.
And typically, these events are in no way associated with the university and will be off campus
Reply 2
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
No, freshers tickets are usually scams (not in the sense that you buy something that doesn’t exist but in that you don’t get anywhere near value for money and it’s not at all worth it)
The price will increase with how many tickets are sold which, to me, is all kinds of wrong.
You won’t actually end up going to half the events which makes it cheaper to buy tickets on the door.
And typically, these events are in no way associated with the university and will be off campus

Okay, thank you!! This makes me feel loads better. I’m hoping to go to the uni of Manchester and it just seems a lot of money to spend for nights out?
Most people won't go to all freshers events and some unis have already confirmed their freshers week won't be going ahead due to COVID, I imagine more will follow shortly. Usually people wait until they find out what their mates are doing, or in the case of first years what their flatmates are doing.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending