The Student Room Group

Can you handle volunteering on top of your (part time) job?

so I work 25 hours per week on weekdays between 11am-4:30pm from home. Can you manage to volunteer from home on top of this or would it be too much? (given I don’t have a routine because I work from home and start work late like at 4pm sometimes) it requires 1 hour volunteering per week for a minimum of 3 months.
(edited 2 years ago)
I can't multitask perfectly, so I'd say "no".
Original post by Anon346775
so I work 25 hours per week on weekdays between 11am-4:30pm from home. Can you manage to volunteer from home on top of this or would it be too much? (given I don’t have a routine because I work from home and start work late like at 4pm sometimes) it requires 1 hour volunteering per week for a minimum of 3 months.

An extra one hour a week isn’t really much to ask.
And 25 hours a week is part time hours so yes, id be able to manage combining the two.
Getting yourself into a routine is as much a part of the job as anything else and time management is an important skill to learn.
Original post by GabiAbi84
An extra one hour a week isn’t really much to ask.
And 25 hours a week is part time hours so yes, id be able to manage combining the two.
Getting yourself into a routine is as much a part of the job as anything else and time management is an important skill to learn.

Agreed. An hour seems more than manageable to me, and I’m actually hoping to tackle this myself by working at both the hospital and a supermarket. Good luck OP, I guess it depends which matters most to you, or if equally! :P
Reply 4
Yes I can manage an hour of volunteering per week.
Original post by Anon346775

Yes, that would be perfectly manageable.
Reply 6
I have volunteered on top of a full time job before and one of my volunteer colleagues volunteered on top of doing a job and helping her husband run a farm. So sounds more than doable to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending