The Student Room Group

when youre talking to someone online are you suppose to feel the that instant intense

attraction to them?
I know online its hard to get the whole idea/vibe of a person but anyways he is good looking but for some reason im not intensely attracted to him like I was with a previous person I was talking to ( the prev guy I didnt meet him or even facetime him). I thought id give this new guy a shot and see where it goes as his pictures on instagram look so diffrent to one another. In one he looks super sexy and then in another he looks like a child lol. Anywyas we facetimed and I couldnt see his face properly s it was dark but from what I saw I didnt feel anything. I felt a bit dissapointed but still talked to him. Bearing in my hes somewht my type, in terms of beards i like it a certain way which isnt a deal breaker but if a guy has it then thats what i love. We talked on the phone and he seems okay there isnt much to talk about and I thought the facetime would clarify if I want to persue him but it hasnt. I know meeting up would be the best option so we could see how the vibe is and if I find him attractive in the flesh as thats what matters the most but he lives 2hrs away and i know he likes me and I definitely dont want to waste his time and lead him on and make him think its going somewhere. And the fact that I dont feel crazy attracted to him feels like a sign... I have stopped messaging him as I wanted to take a break (we are just talking as friends at this point). On a dating app there is another guy who I just talked to who i find really attractive and i feel the instant attraction with him. And I know in person id find him attractive. I was comparing the two guys and i prefer the latter one but I dont want to lose out on the first one in case I do find him attractive in person.

Do you think me doubting the first guy is a sign that im not as attracted to him?, i don't want to waste his time by meeting up and also its terrifying to do so... should I facetime him again and see how i feel about it.. what do you think and girls please answer my question regarding the attraction side of stuff. Should I give it another shot, if you've met someone online who was okay but not super attractive did the attraction grow in person ?
I think it can really vary - some people can really click and connect, and feel instant attraction online wheras others feel like it grows much more in person. Personally, I have never gotten together with anyone I have met online but I do know others who have and it was really successful!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I think it can really vary - some people can really click and connect, and feel instant attraction online wheras others feel like it grows much more in person. Personally, I have never gotten together with anyone I have met online but I do know others who have and it was really successful!

hmm i see. In terms of your experience did you feel the intense attraction onine when you found someone your type and did that mirror how you felt in person or you never found that intense attraction etc online or in person and is tht why you never got together?
For me i can find people good looking and I want to give it a shot but im so fussy and picky adn need to feel that attraction and find someone whos my exact type- iv never tried meeting anyone irl to figure out if it works out without intially finding them extremely attractive
I think it's better to wait until you're actually very attracted to someone. Sucks being in a relationship and you're always second guessing yourself whether you actually like them. It means you don't.

Also people look different in real life than they do in pictures because cameras distort your face. So you should see people in real life before you make decisions about them.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Chicken.M.
I think it's better to wait until you're actually very attracted to someone. Sucks being in a relationship and you're always second guessing yourself whether you actually like them. It means you don't.

Also people look different in real life than they do in pictures because cameras distort your face. So you should see people in real life before you make decisions about them.

hmm very true
hmm i see. In terms of your experience did you feel the intense attraction onine when you found someone your type and did that mirror how you felt in person or you never found that intense attraction etc online or in person and is tht why you never got together?
For me i can find people good looking and I want to give it a shot but im so fussy and picky adn need to feel that attraction and find someone whos my exact type- iv never tried meeting anyone irl to figure out if it works out without intially finding them extremely attractive

I'm the same person as the person who you quoted btw!

And to your question, no, not romantically however I did meet my best friend online and we really clicked! It was like I found someone who understood me and we were in sync even after we met up and now we're practically joined hip to hip - however, I've never had the same kind of thing with romantic relationships :smile:

Sorry but I did ask my friend and he said that he had felt intense attraction online but was let down in real life?
Reply 6
I'm the same person as the person who you quoted btw!

And to your question, no, not romantically however I did meet my best friend online and we really clicked! It was like I found someone who understood me and we were in sync even after we met up and now we're practically joined hip to hip - however, I've never had the same kind of thing with romantic relationships :smile:

Sorry but I did ask my friend and he said that he had felt intense attraction online but was let down in real life?

oh okay. Im just so confused at the moment about a guy. I am unsure if I fancy him visually and I feel like that's a sign that I wont fancy him in person, what do you think in your opinion? x
oh okay. Im just so confused at the moment about a guy. I am unsure if I fancy him visually and I feel like that's a sign that I wont fancy him in person, what do you think in your opinion? x

I thnk the most important thing is personality but you do you! Make sure you like his character before his looks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending