The Student Room Group

Tattoos

How painful are tattoos
(edited 2 years ago)
I've only had my ears pierced, but my friend who has had his ears pierced and a couple of tattoo's on his upper arms, says having his ears pierced hurt more than having his tattoo's done. Obviously the pain from the tattoo's goes on over a much longer period than the sharp pinch and hot feeling that you get for a few seconds when having your ear or ears pierced. Another factor would also be the part of the body you are having inked as to how much pain is experienced.
Original post by Camila2008
How painful are tattoos

I got my first one last week and it hurt but it was a bearable pain. It hurt quite a lot but it was more of a pain that I was constantly wincing and saying little 'ow's, if that makes it any easier to imagine. It was a stick and poke of the word "big" on my big toe, so that probably explains the pain. Stick and pokes tend to hurt more than a tat gun, and it was on an area with no fat so that made it more painful. If you're getting a tattoo on an area with more fat, it should hurt less. Tattoo guns hurt less (from what I've heard from a friend who's had stick and pokes and a tat gun) because it's more consistent. Are you planning on getting one? Where are you thinking of getting it? Reply if you have questions you wanna ask :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest