The Student Room Group

IB results day.. how are we feeling?

personally, i’m terrified HAHA. i hope we all get the grades we needed to get into university!
I’m terrified as well, especially as we didn’t sit exams, so I have no idea what to expect! I’m doing a gap year so need to get good grades ahh. Good luck!!
Why are you terrified? It's just a bit of paper with a few letters and numbers lol.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by I'm of age
Why are you terrified? It's just a bit of paper with a few letters and numbers lol.

That will have a pretty major impact on people's future...
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by SuperGirl3231
That will have a pretty major impact on people's future...

How? There's still jobs out there that don't require education, my friend didn't get any gcses or anything, has a decent job and had his dream car. Not being rude but you seem to be overreacting a bit
(edited 2 years ago)
How? There's still jobs out there that don't require education, my friend didn't get any gcses or anything, has a decent job and had his dream car. Not being rude but you seem to be overreacting a bit

For some jobs, no, they won't matter much, but for some, they are very important.
For some jobs, no, they won't matter much, but for some, they are very important.

Hopefully you'll pass the exams but even if you do fail you can just look for jobs that don't require these exams.
Hopefully you'll pass the exams but even if you do fail you can just look for jobs that don't require these exams.

Yes, but someone may have a dream of being a doctor or some other career like that that need good grades. Grades matter and you are wrong to act like they don't.
Yes, but someone may have a dream of being a doctor or some other career like that that need good grades. Grades matter and you are wrong to act like they don't.

Mate a job is a job. Just take what you get
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Androidguy
Mate a job is a job. Just take what you get

Wow. That is such a brilliant piece of advice for people to live a happy life. I'm sure everyone will follow this...
Wow. That is such a brilliant piece of advice for people to live a happy life. I'm sure everyone will follow this...

Most people don't enjoy work they just do it. Do you think cleaning jobs are good. No but they have to do it to put food on the table.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by castra
personally, i’m terrified HAHA. i hope we all get the grades we needed to get into university!

I’m also terrified. Keeping everything crossed I get the grades needed for my first choice uni!
I’m so confused about results day - online it says 5th July but we’ve been told we won’t get them until they go online on Tuesday.
Original post by IRstudent2021
I’m also terrified. Keeping everything crossed I get the grades needed for my first choice uni!
I’m so confused about results day - online it says 5th July but we’ve been told we won’t get them until they go online on Tuesday.

I’ve heard that our IB Co-ordinators get the results tomorrow and then they are released to students on the 6th

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending