The Student Room Group

SOAS and Student Finance at MA level; Anyone?

I am sorry for the panicked and verbose post; I am extremely scared of making a mistake at this stage.

Does anyone have experience going to SOAS using Student Finance for a course that is above the loan
Do you pay by top-up, and if so, do they allow such funding.

I need to add £5,400 to the fees, which I am happy to do. I worked hard in the past year. Can someone help me on this, preferably a SOAS student. And the last question is below, concerning SLC applications vs Uni choices.

Q1:

I applied for International Relations and/or Foreign Policy & Diplomatic studies at the MA(postgrad) level at 4 Unis; I chose 4 to be safe.
Those are: King's College, Queen Mary; SOAS and City, University of London

My question is... if you are using Student Finance (Postgraduate finance), and you need to register an application as early as possible (to be accepted), what would you do if you were still waiting for all offers or a firm offer? I have 3 uncon. offers. 1 waiting.

e.g. I have a MA (part-time) International Relations Degree at Queen Mary London; it's approved (SLC) and so all that's left is for the Uni to approve my course. So, the financial aspect is covered, but I am not yet on the course.

Would you...

[a] Once accepted into FIRM choice, amend existing Student Loan (from QML to XXX choice] (1-10days)

[b] Not apply until you have all results (4 offers or rejections) but risk not getting a student loan (competition)

[c] other?

I don't remember the BA process, but I did it through UCAS and it went smoothly.

This is puzzling me and I am getting very agitated. I only have 30 days to accept 2 of the offers I got. One is still holding out on me, and they ask for proof of Funding, but I can't delete my finance application only for them to "consider".
So my plan is to Apply for my FIRM choice, but if other UNI accepts, I might change the College -- again, a huge risk.

lastly,
(this was covered in preface to this post.)

SOAS and Student Finance.

My fees are £16,400, so there is a shortfall of £5,000±. Is it OK to take the Loan, and to top-up each 3-interval top up using my own monies? I have read SOAS and all their FAQs and I cannot find this rule

Anyone have experience with SOAS and Postgrad tuition? I applied and put the Course code.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending