The Student Room Group

Feel like I'm wasting my weekends - Advice

Hey TSR,

So 21M here, currently living in AUS. I'm currently working full-time, so basically only have the weekends to do stuff I want to do.

The issue is, I feel I'm not really using my weekends 'correctly'. I have a big productivity mindset, where I feel the only example of me using my spare time correctly is if I'm progressing on some aspects of my life eg. professional skills, relationships.

I don't feel I can ever spend all day gaming or watching netflix even though I like both of those. I feel like I would be wasting my whole day if I were to do that.

At the same time, I don't like working too much on personal skills because... well I just want to relax. I figured I would do something like maybe spend Saturday relaxing and doing whatever, and then spend Sunday doing things that will actually develop myself eg. coding.

Also currently in lockdown so to be fair there isn't much to do right now, but this has been happening even before then.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? What do you guys who have started working full-time usually do on the weekend to have fun? Is my productivity mindset misguided in some way?

Any constructive input from you guys would be great : )
Original post by Anonymous
Hey TSR,

So 21M here, currently living in AUS. I'm currently working full-time, so basically only have the weekends to do stuff I want to do.

The issue is, I feel I'm not really using my weekends 'correctly'. I have a big productivity mindset, where I feel the only example of me using my spare time correctly is if I'm progressing on some aspects of my life eg. professional skills, relationships.

I don't feel I can ever spend all day gaming or watching netflix even though I like both of those. I feel like I would be wasting my whole day if I were to do that.

At the same time, I don't like working too much on personal skills because... well I just want to relax. I figured I would do something like maybe spend Saturday relaxing and doing whatever, and then spend Sunday doing things that will actually develop myself eg. coding.

Also currently in lockdown so to be fair there isn't much to do right now, but this has been happening even before then.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? What do you guys who have started working full-time usually do on the weekend to have fun? Is my productivity mindset misguided in some way?

Any constructive input from you guys would be great : )

Hi!

I do not work full-time but I hope I could perhaps help you a bit?
Firstly make sure you do things which you enjoy which will help you relax after a week of working. Don't always try and develop your personal skills because that might put too much pressure or stress on yourself which may affect your mental health. I think you could get a pretty good balance between personal hobbies e.g. coding, gaming and Netflix and working on yourself and develop your skills. For example, you may be able to find some online/virtual courses or in-person ones e.g. first aid, sign language and coding. You could also use some of your weekend time to develop a hobby/skills e.g. cooking, coding, yoga. Even though its lockdown, if the restrictions aren't too strict you could meet with some friends or family to break up your weekend?
Make sure you do stuff you want to do and stuff you enjoy or you may end up hating your weekends and put in for lots of overtime.

I hope that helped a little and wasn't too obvious!
Go to the gym, get ripped and go to the beach and pull some sexy gals all day long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending