The Student Room Group

Sexually abused by a teacher

When I was in year 4, I was sexually abused by my teacher. As a result, I became very anxious and was mute for the rest of my time at primary school.

So I never managed to tell anyone and I never reported it, but now I realise it might be worth reporting, because he is still a teacher.

But it was 7 years ago (I'm in year 11 now) and I know it would just be my word against his, so is there any point? How do I report him and would I be taken seriously? Would he be able to carry on teaching?
That's not very helpful advice at all, reporting can help bring closure at the very least
Yes it can be difficult and it will be a gruelling process but that's not to say it is impossible
It is wholly irresponsible to dissuade victims of crimes from reporting their perpetrators to the proper authorities. Please don't do this.
As previously suggested, please go to the police.
regardless, OP won’t miss out or lose anything if they do decide to report it. Worst case scenario, it’s logged like another user said and if it does happen again to another child, this incident will provide as proof. It’s not as easy as saying “should’ve reported it when it happened”.

OP i’m proud of you for wanting to report it now, it takes a lot to speak up about it. I was molested from the ages of 7-14 by my uncle and I’ve never spoken up about it to an authority figure which is my biggest regret as it happened to my other cousins (similar to my age too) as well as my older sisters. Perhaps you speaking up about it would make others feel confident enough to speak up too, i know for a fact I would too. Good luck, sending all my love 🤍
if it’s stupid then leave. What’s your issue? No need to demotivate OP from speaking out.
Quit while you’re behind.
Granted these cases can be tricky but it doesn't mean op shouldn't report it
And we're talking about the CPS here, not the school governance team.
please don’t listen to the reb3kah user. i’m so sorry this happened to you, and i hope the teacher is brought to justice.

please report this to the police, if you’re ready to if he is still a teacher, then there are still many children at risk of this monster abusing his authority.

sending love to you, and i hope things are a bit better for you now :heart:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending