The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oxford Mum
Hello everyone!

How are you all bearing up?

Hi OM,

Nice to see you around. I'm good, not thinking about the 25th Jan, everything done now so I can get on with my gap year:tongue: (excluding the potential interview I have with Leicester) How are you?
Original post by chris01928
Hi OM,

Nice to see you around. I'm good, not thinking about the 25th Jan, everything done now so I can get on with my gap year:tongue: (excluding the potential interview I have with Leicester) How are you?

I am glad to be here, thanks for asking.

Very pleased to note that you also have an interview at Leicester too. The aim is to be a doctor and you can do that from any medical school.

A successful doctor is one who will go tge extra mile for his patients and his loved by the staff, patients and relatives alike.

I can remember my grandad praising dr Hussein. who treated him for cancer in 1986.

yes, I still remember his name from way back in 1986. Great doctors are always remembered.

Medicine may be tiring at times, as well as stressful, but the job satisfaction and the legacy you leave people you will never meet again is unmatched.
Original post by mmmnommfanboy
Pretty hard. I ended up having just one interview which was 1 hour long:eek:. I pretty much just got asked science questions, with the exception of 1 ethical question and 1 question on work experience(nothing on my personal statement). You'll do fine as long as you show that you're thinking the questions through in a logical way

Scientific questions- sounds like the Oxford medical interviews
Original post by chris01928
Know how you fell, half of one of my interviews I knew the answer but the interviewer kept interrupting me so I couldn't finish my train of thought. I know he was trying to see how I think but I knew every component of that answer so its a shame:frown:

This may be because the interviewer is trying to get through the scientific questions in a limited timeframe. My son said that at towards the end the interviewers were just firing questions at him.

It means nothing, honest
Original post by amberbamba
Oh my the interview was toughhh. Just kicking myself because of so many things I could've said

This is just a normal phenomenon- hands up who had the perfect interview!

Certainly not my son, who said his was the “hardest bloody interview in Oxford and I can imagine myself getting in and I can equally imagine myself not getting in”
Original post by a.sushi
Well done everyone who have had interviews!! I feel like the most difficult bit now is the wait until the 25th haha. Are most of the medical interviews done at this point?

Also just curious why this year's thread is so much smaller than last years - I remember going through that one and people were posting about their interviews at like page 80 or 90, and we're only at page 19!

It won’t make any difference in tge scheme of things, just I have fewer pages to scroll through, lol
Original post by ReducedNADP
Yes you should expect that you will not know some things, they want to see if they can teach you so you'll just have to listen out for hints that they might give you to nudge you towards the right answer

That’s right
Original post by ksennnn
ty ! hopefully they will be nudging

I guess it’s a thinking outside the box” and an there are so many great candidates we need it to be challenging type of thing
Original post by ksennnn
Completely froze and couldn’t answer basic questions in my interview, the sheer amount of things I could have said that I just didn’t I hope they also look at grades for particular subjects and don’t just look at interview to measure subject knowledge 😭😭😭

The process is holistic, don’t worry
Original post by VSY
please don't worry if you can't or didn't tell the answer. They know we are nervous. They check how we think rather than what we know in the interview

Well said
I am glad to be here, thanks for asking.

Very pleased to note that you also have an interview at Leicester too. The aim is to be a doctor and you can do that from any medical school.

A successful doctor is one who will go tge extra mile for his patients and his loved by the staff, patients and relatives alike.

I can remember my grandad praising dr Hussein. who treated him for cancer in 1986.

yes, I still remember his name from way back in 1986. Great doctors are always remembered.

Medicine may be tiring at times, as well as stressful, but the job satisfaction and the legacy you leave people you will never meet again is unmatched.

Same with my nan, my whole family hates Drs (feeling love from the family about my career choice :lol: ) but I always hear about the Sri Lankan Dr who nothing was too big for her. I most definitely don't care about where I go to uni. Of course, I have a preference and will be upset if I get a rejection from that uni, but it does not mean I will not be the Dr I want to be, etc.

Definitely the job of satisfaction - being the patients' and families advocate in their time of need.

I have already had an interview at St Andrews so even in the likely event of being rejected from Jesus, there are still many options there.
This may be because the interviewer is trying to get through the scientific questions in a limited timeframe. My son said that at towards the end the interviewers were just firing questions at him.

It means nothing, honest

Yes definitely, it's hard to explain without breaking the rules but I definitely knew the answer but just as you said, kept getting questions fired at me. I know it means nothing but I just felt like an impatient kid waiting his turn to say something - just wanting to burst :laugh:
Original post by numnum1111
They weren't too weird. Just ensure you have a logical train of thought.

Good, succinct summary, there!
Original post by philip.13o+++++
Had my Jesus interview! The first one was ok... the second one was pretty great and defo felt more like a personal conversation

what was the BMAT, if you don't mind me asking?

I have a mixed feeling about the interview... Could have done the first part better... BUT will they take all aspects (BMAT, interview, PS/WE, and A-level) for the offer or just the interview for those of us interviewed... I have the impression that it would be the former.
Original post by Medic2022
what was the BMAT, if you don't mind me asking?

I have a mixed feeling about the interview... Could have done the first part better... BUT will they take all aspects (BMAT, interview, PS/WE, and A-level) for the offer or just the interview for those of us interviewed... I have the impression that it would be the former.

the former
Original post by Dr. NotYet
the former

Goood!
How come no-ones using this page? This page is so quiet compared to the 2021 one 😭
How come no-ones using this page? This page is so quiet compared to the 2021 one 😭

Hopefully most people are being sensible and not thinking about Cambridge decisions and focussing their energy on things more constructive - its a good thing.

I think there aren't as many people on the thread this year either.

Either way, no need to worry. It'll have no correlation to actual figures :smile:

Just wait until 25 January
Any international Robinson applicants?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending