The Student Room Group

Living Costs

Hi, hope everyone is doing great. So, I am joining the University of Edinburgh this September for my MSc (funded via a student loan). I am living in student housing and wanted to know what would be a good monthly living cost. Will 400 GBP a month suffice? Just some added context, I have a bunch of dietary restrictions and cannot drink. Thanks for any advice!
Seems awfully low. I would say £600-700 minimum to cover rent, bills, food, expenses, etc. Even then it would be a push. When you say student housing, do you mean on the site of the University?
Reply 2
Yes, by student housing I mean university accommodation. I have already paid the entire year's rent in advance. So if I exclude rent, is 400 GBP alright for remaining expenses?
Original post by VidishaG
Yes, by student housing I mean university accommodation. I have already paid the entire year's rent in advance. So if I exclude rent, is 400 GBP alright for remaining expenses?

well you can live comfortably on 15 pound a week for food so 400-60=340. Clothing, Wi-fi, etc. is about 280 so 320-280= 40 so yeah, just might be a bit tight at the end of the month lol
Reply 4
Haha yeah, looks like it. But thank you so much for this breakdown. It helped a lot. Take care :biggrin:

Oh yeah, I don't see that being a problem. Some people get by with much less. Just take advantage of student discounts :smile:
Haha yeah, looks like it. But thank you so much for this breakdown. It helped a lot. Take care :biggrin:

you too C:
Reply 7
Got it. Thanks so much for the tip! Take care :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending