The Student Room Group

How do I break up with my boyfriend?

How do I break up with my boyfriend and stay broken up? We’ve broken up so many times and gotten back together but I want to end it once and for all and enter the ex phase and start my adult life for real as a single woman. I’ve been with him since I was 16 and it’s been a Real rocky road for sure but now it just seems like the love isn’t the same although it’s still there but no matter what we gravitate back. It also doesn’t help that when we go back to university, yes we go to the same one, that we live on the same road, 2 doors away from each other... how do I make it stick and stay broken up.
Announce it and cut off all contact.
You need closure so you can be certain of your decision and not buckle. this depends on your breakup circumstances

You need a support system to be there for you and reassure your decision was best when you lose confidence: friends, family, animals

You need something to look forward to: new beginnings, single life, ambitions, lessons learned/changes. What you might not have inside the relationship
Reply 3
Tell him it's over, and that you'll be polite if you see him at uni or on the street, but you won't go out of your way to approach him and he should for the same for you. Also say you'll be removing him from all forms of contact, eg social media and phone.
I can relate so bad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending