The Student Room Group

A level results

Congrats to everyone who took a levels in this diffcult time :smile:

Since when did the A level results come out on a Tuesday? Why has it changed? Will grade inflation influence how uni's and employers take this inoto consideration? This is my worry for those who had no choice during covid in how they were taught.
Original post by Kutie Karen

Since when did the A level results come out on a Tuesday? Why has it changed? Will grade inflation influence how uni's and employers take this inoto consideration? This is my worry for those who had no choice during covid in how they were taught.

The Tuesday results day was new this year and due to the disruption from covid.
Reply 2
Original post by Kutie Karen

Agreed on well done for all the students who have been studying so hard in adversity. Well done.

This is one monumental muck-up on behalf of the government though. The fact that schools faced little or no scrutiny or guidance for that matter on how they should give grades. Our school did things to the letter and submitted a bank of evidence to justify marks, but we could have just made it up and still got away with it. No doubt many schools will have pushed their luck at the very least. And the losers - the students themselves. Like any form of inflation, it simply devalues what you have. So yay you may have 4 A*s but then so does everyone else. Are you truly an A* student?
Waiting outside school for my daughter it was great seeing all the smiling faces when they came out but awful seeing all the fallen faces and tears as well.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by PQ
The Tuesday results day was new this year and due to the disruption from covid.

Ah I see. will it be like this in future years or is it a one off.

Quick Reply

Latest