The Student Room Group

Unwell and on my period?

I got my period today and I have been getting cramps and just feeling tired and unwell. In the morning the whole toilet was bloody as when I peed all the blood came out. Now I'm not bleeding that much but my urine is red and has tissues in it and I just feel so weird. My tummy is hurting and I can't concentrate properly.

I had chronic constipation for the last 3 weeks so was still recovering then this :frown:

I have fibroid in my uterus but I'm unsure if i have more or if it has grown in size. Should I get a check up?
Hey, periods suck! I usually have really heavy periods and can't concentrate on anything because of the pain and feeling nauseous. I am the same with the toilet and peeing, it's like someone got murdered :frown: Maybe try painkillers like ibuprofen/paracetamol and maybe curling up with a hot water bottle or having a bath.That's what I do and sadly sometimes you just gotta ride it out. If you are really concerned about your fibroid then get checked out but it might just be your period coz I have tissue that comes out when I pee or in the shower. I hope you feel better and even though it sucks try to remember your body is trying to look after you even if the way it is doing it might not be very pleasant.
Original post by carliciaaaa
I got my period today and I have been getting cramps and just feeling tired and unwell. In the morning the whole toilet was bloody as when I peed all the blood came out. Now I'm not bleeding that much but my urine is red and has tissues in it and I just feel so weird. My tummy is hurting and I can't concentrate properly.

I had chronic constipation for the last 3 weeks so was still recovering then this :frown:

I have fibroid in my uterus but I'm unsure if i have more or if it has grown in size. Should I get a check up?

I think checking up on the fibroid will do you more good than harm.
Hope you feel better!!
Reply 3
Original post by Breadstickss
Hey, periods suck! I usually have really heavy periods and can't concentrate on anything because of the pain and feeling nauseous. I am the same with the toilet and peeing, it's like someone got murdered :frown: Maybe try painkillers like ibuprofen/paracetamol and maybe curling up with a hot water bottle or having a bath.That's what I do and sadly sometimes you just gotta ride it out. If you are really concerned about your fibroid then get checked out but it might just be your period coz I have tissue that comes out when I pee or in the shower. I hope you feel better and even though it sucks try to remember your body is trying to look after you even if the way it is doing it might not be very pleasant.

:frown: ever since the fibroid got detected, I ve noticed increase in urination. I need to run to pee very frequently. Earlier, I peed 2-3 times only. Now it's almost 8-10 times if I drink a lot of liquids and very frequently. It's like my bladder doesn't empty completely.
Original post by carliciaaaa
:frown: ever since the fibroid got detected, I ve noticed increase in urination. I need to run to pee very frequently. Earlier, I peed 2-3 times only. Now it's almost 8-10 times if I drink a lot of liquids and very frequently. It's like my bladder doesn't empty completely.

I'm sorry you have to go through that :frown:. I'm no doctor obviously but i would get it checked just to be safe.
I think you may have a urinary tract infection but don't worry it will go away. If it doesn't go away within a week or two I think you may have to get checked by the doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending