The Student Room Group

Dying while taking A-levels (quite literally)

I was hospitalised almost all of year 13 due to my critical health condition where towards the end of the exam period I had to undergo a serious surgery. Under these circumstances I basically sat my exams in a sketch exam centre with my doctors permission, I’m guessing the medication I was on and quite literally being unwell lead me to do not so well in my exams. I ended up with B,E,E- I want to peruse a degree in Psychology (B) but I have no clue how to proceed, my circumstances are much different to my peers or anyone I’ve spoken to before.

Im considering doing a foundation year, though I’m not sure how to proceed. I genuinely feel like my life has come to an end, again..
Retake?
Reply 2
Resit.
Because you can.
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Retake?

I graduated in 2022- so I’m considered a mature student, would that be significant, or can I still retake?
Reply 4
Original post by haliflax
I graduated in 2022- so I’m considered a mature student, would that be significant, or can I still retake?

You havn't 'graduated' from anywhere, do calm down.
You are not a mature student as you are only 2 years behind current school leavers.

Do a 1-years Access to HE course at a local college, or resit your A levels.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
You havn't 'graduated' from anywhere, do calm down.
You are not a mature student as you are only 2 years behind current school leavers.

Do a 1-years Access to HE course at a local college, or resit your A levels.

Sorry I meant graduated school, I’m an international student, not sure if it’s the correct term ahah. Thank you for your advice!:smile:
Sorry I meant graduated school, I’m an international student, not sure if it’s the correct term ahah. Thank you for your advice!:smile:

of course it is a completely valid term and wish you every success and most of all, better health xx
I was hospitalised almost all of year 13 due to my critical health condition where towards the end of the exam period I had to undergo a serious surgery. Under these circumstances I basically sat my exams in a sketch exam centre with my doctors permission, I’m guessing the medication I was on and quite literally being unwell lead me to do not so well in my exams. I ended up with B,E,E- I want to peruse a degree in Psychology (B) but I have no clue how to proceed, my circumstances are much different to my peers or anyone I’ve spoken to before.

Im considering doing a foundation year, though I’m not sure how to proceed. I genuinely feel like my life has come to an end, again..

Don’t worry, I’m sure there’s allot of support out there. You can resit or do a foundation year… up to you but depends on what grades the foundation year courses ask for

good luck !

Quick Reply

Latest