The Student Room Group

Alevel graphics or fine art

I initially chose Alevel art as on of my three options as I thought it would be best in order to get into UAL to do art direction course or something similar however I feel that doing A level graphics would suit me better and would be less time consuming ( correct me if I’m wrong ), would I still get into UAL if I chose Graphics?
Reply 1
Original post by Studyyyyyyyy
I initially chose Alevel art as on of my three options as I thought it would be best in order to get into UAL to do art direction course or something similar however I feel that doing A level graphics would suit me better and would be less time consuming ( correct me if I’m wrong ), would I still get into UAL if I chose Graphics?

What part of country are you in.
Sw
Reply 3
With Ual you usually would need to do a foundation year after A levels. Check what courses are available locally at HE colleges. These are free for under 19's.You can also apply to a Ual foundation year in London but there is no funding for accommodation. You can also do foundation years at other unis which may be eligible for SF. Really you need to be thinking if your graphics portfolio would demonstrate the skill/talent required for your chosen course. I would email Ual and see what they say. Newcastle are good for advice but I do not know if they do your course.

Quick Reply

Latest