The Student Room Group

LJMU or MMU?

Which one should I make my insurance choice? My firm is York, and I need AAB as I have a lowered offer (due to doing an EPQ). I did an LJMU online summer school and it lowered my offer to CCC. They said they have a list of people who completed it. For MMU, my offer would be BBC-BCC. I really love the course at MMU, but the LJMU course is great, too. It would be the safer offer-should I make it my insurance, instead? Or should I make Liverpool (ABB, BBB if I apply for a contextual offer-first in family to go to uni, formerly looked after child etc) my insurance offer? I'm not making Manchester my insurance, because it's an aspirational uni. What should I do?
(edited 2 years ago)
You don’t need to decide firm and insurance now - that happens in April 2022

If you’re not sure which to put as your 5th choice then again you don’t have to decide now. Apply with 4 choices now and add your 5th choice after Christmas.
How to Avoid 5 Rejections - full of useful advice and information : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
Original post by PQ
You don’t need to decide firm and insurance now - that happens in April 2022

If you’re not sure which to put as your 5th choice then again you don’t have to decide now. Apply with 4 choices now and add your 5th choice after Christmas.

I have 5 choices already.

I'm just wondering what to have as my insurance.
Original post by Purplemonkeys
I have 5 choices already.

I'm just wondering what to have as my insurance.

You don’t pick firm and insurance until April 2022.
Original post by PQ
You don’t pick firm and insurance until April 2022.

Okay, thanks.
Original post by McGinger
How to Avoid 5 Rejections - full of useful advice and information : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections

Thank you! I found that very informative and helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending