The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samiranadi
Yay congrats 👏

Thank you. Congrats to you too. I wonder how many they are interviewing and how many spaces they have. Hope we both get in.
Original post by renobello
Just because it’s local for me, it’s the fourth best dental school in the UK and I really enjoyed the open day when I went. I can definitely envision myself being there. Which dental school do you want to go to the most?

I am hoping to get into Newcastle too.
Has anyone received an interview invite with LSBU?
Hey guys, this is my second year applying for DH, do you think i should even bother applying to Portsmouth, last year i wasn't even offered an interview there. I had an interview with Essex but i wasn't offered a place. This year i'm planning to apply to LSBU, Essex, possibly Portsmouth, Plymouth and i need to find one more uni to apply to. I have 5 GCSEs, NEBDN dental nursing qualification (3 and a half yrs experience), about to finish my HE course (biology & physics pathway), currently on a radiography & oral health course to strengthen my application. I feel like i'm getting too old for uni because people my age would have finished uni by now, i'm 22, turning 23 in feb *crying face* and i haven't even applied to unis yet and people are getting offers already!
Original post by dental8
Hey guys, this is my second year applying for DH, do you think i should even bother applying to Portsmouth, last year i wasn't even offered an interview there. I had an interview with Essex but i wasn't offered a place. This year i'm planning to apply to LSBU, Essex, possibly Portsmouth, Plymouth and i need to find one more uni to apply to. I have 5 GCSEs, NEBDN dental nursing qualification (3 and a half yrs experience), about to finish my HE course (biology & physics pathway), currently on a radiography & oral health course to strengthen my application. I feel like i'm getting too old for uni because people my age would have finished uni by now, i'm 22, turning 23 in feb *crying face* and i haven't even applied to unis yet and people are getting offers already!

Well im 32 and this year im applying for hygiene, you never too old for education! Maybe Teeside University?!
Original post by Haris74
Thank you. Congrats to you too. I wonder how many they are interviewing and how many spaces they have. Hope we both get in.

A couple of years ago I believe they had 24 spaces. It may have increased by now!
Original post by schakir
Well im 32 and this year im applying for hygiene, you never too old for education! Maybe Teeside University?!

Thank you for the recommendation, i might just apply to that as an option! Have you gotten any interview offers yet? Also where have you applied and is this your 1st year applying?
Original post by dental8
Thank you for the recommendation, i might just apply to that as an option! Have you gotten any interview offers yet? Also where have you applied and is this your 1st year applying?

Its my first year applying.. i have applied to 5 unis, so far i have got 2 rejections with no interview! And 1 offer, one pending interview and one still waiting for a reply
Original post by schakir
Its my first year applying.. i have applied to 5 unis, so far i have got 2 rejections with no interview! And 1 offer, one pending interview and one still waiting for a reply

well done on getting an offer! That's amazing, at least you know for a fact you'll be studing DH next year, i'm so happy for you as it is so competitive! May i ask which uni you got an offer for and what qualifications you applied with and how did the interview go? Was it through Zoom?
Original post by dental8
well done on getting an offer! That's amazing, at least you know for a fact you'll be studing DH next year, i'm so happy for you as it is so competitive! May i ask which uni you got an offer for and what qualifications you applied with and how did the interview go? Was it through Zoom?

From Teeside, i applied with an access course and dental nursing diploma, interview was a bit intense and i felt i was put on the spot... it was via Zoom
Reply 190
Original post by schakir

Congrats on getting an offer from Teesside. I'm still waiting to hear from them after having my interview with them 3 weeks ago. Do you mind me asking what unis you have heard from?
Has anyone heard anything from Bristol or Cardiff
Reply 192
Original post by Pigglez
Has anyone heard anything from Bristol or Cardiff

Cardiff said they are on holiday and will respond after the Christmas holiday.
Original post by XxGraciexX
Yes Feb 9th. It says we will find out 3 working days after the interview. So that’s good :biggrin:

They have changed the bit where it says 3 days now, says after end of April
Reply 194
Original post by Dentaldreams
Congratulations!!! I just got an email to say I need to complete my qualifications before applying.

What qualifications?
Reply 195
Anyone applying or applied to Birmingham?
Original post by Joseph P96
They have changed the bit where it says 3 days now, says after end of April

Oh really, that sucks :frown: I’m too impatient
Has anyone heard back from King’s?
Original post by moonjiiah
I am hoping to get into Newcastle too.

Yayyyy I hope to see you next September!!
Original post by renobello
Yayyyy I hope to see you next September!!

Have you guys heard back from Newcastle?

Latest