Official Dental Hygiene & Therapy 2022 Applicant Thread

Watch
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Welcome to the DHT 2022 entry thread where you can discuss all things dental hygiene and therapy.

You can use the framework below to introduce yourselves and discuss stats:

What universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
Other qualifications (if applicable):
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

Good luck with your applications

Just some general TSR rules (which you can find in the community guidelines) to take note of:

1. Do not ask for or post group chat links.
  2. Do not ask for or post interview questions.
  3. Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.
JUNE14_ 2002
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Hii I am thinking of applying to

Kings college
Queen Mary
London south bank
Portsmouth
Manchester

Currently in year 13 doing my alevels
Hlpayne18
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by tyna2003)
Hey I'm going to applying this year. What unis is everyone thinking?
Hi! I’m a dental nurse with four years experience and enrolled on an access to HE in biology physics and psychology. Also have A-levels but they’re not in relevant subjects to DH. I’m going to apply to:
Essex
KCL
London South bank!

Currently writing my personal statement if anyone has any tips!
Dentaldreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Finally!!!
I’ve been waiting for this thread!
Hopefully this is my year!
tyna2003
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Finished a levels last year on a gap year currently will be applying this year thinking of:

Newcastle
Leeds
Bristol
kings
london south bank
Dentaldreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I was wondering whether anyone had advice regarding admissions. I applied last year made it through to every interview, but I was unsuccessful afterwards. Does this mean my personal statement was okay? Meaning I can leave it the same this year? Also does this show that I’m better on paper than in person?
I’d appreciate any advice x
schakir
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I am a dental nurse of 8 years with one post qualification.
Completed my Access to Health Profession course with 33 distinction however no GCSEs or A levels
I have applied to-
Queen Mary
London south bank
Newcastle
Essex
Teeside
I am currently on first year doing Adult Nursing however I have realised its not for me and want to do hygiene instead, will this give me less chance?
Dinaadimi
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey I’m predicted A*BB but also meet the typical access requirements at Leeds BBC. ive applied to Leeds. My personal statement is on dentistry do I still have a chance ?
Dinaadimi
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I applied with A*BB AT LEEDS for dental hygiene and therapy with a dentistry personal statement . Do I have a chance.
tyna2003
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dinaadimi)
I applied with A*BB AT LEEDS for dental hygiene and therapy with a dentistry personal statement . Do I have a chance.
i dont see why u wouldnt its the same subject on the whole. I havent actually started to write mine just yet....
ac2002
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Finished a levels last year on a gap year currently will be applying this year thinking of:

Newcastle
Leeds
Bristol
kings
london south bank
I'm applying to the same as yours apart from London South Bank!
sea2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Exact same position as you, what grades are you applying with? The spaces r so limited so worried 😫
becky1240
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sea2)
Exact same position as you, what grades are you applying with? The spaces r so limited so worried 😫
OMG samee! Plus my predicted grades are ABC and most unis need ABB so im kind of stuck. Especially since i dont have work experience
tyna2003
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by becky1240)
OMG samee! Plus my predicted grades are ABC and most unis need ABB so im kind of stuck. Especially since i dont have work experience
there is quite a few with BBB or even BBC
schakir
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone received any interview offers yet?
tyna2003
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by schakir)
Has anyone received any interview offers yet?
oh gosh i havent even applied yet.... i'm pretty sure they dont give out interview offers until after the closing date 26th jan
schakir
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
oh gosh i havent even applied yet.... i'm pretty sure they dont give out interview offers until after the closing date 26th jan
Teeside have invitee me to an interview next week! I feel so unprepared ! My first choice is Essex i really hope i hear back soon
fatoumata15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by schakir)
I am a dental nurse of 8 years with one post qualification.
Completed my Access to Health Profession course with 33 distinction however no GCSEs or A levels
I have applied to-
Queen Mary
London south bank
Newcastle
Essex
Teeside
I am currently on first year doing Adult Nursing however I have realised its not for me and want to do hygiene instead, will this give me less chance?
I’m currently doing an access course but worried about getting 30 distinctions was it hard to get 33 ?
schakir
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fatoumata15)
I’m currently doing an access course but worried about getting 30 distinctions was it hard to get 33 ?
It wasn’t easy! But defiantly doable! I got a merit for my research project and one of the biology unit! Otherwise it would of been 45 distinctions :/
fatoumata15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dentaldreams)
I was wondering whether anyone had advice regarding admissions. I applied last year made it through to every interview, but I was unsuccessful afterwards. Does this mean my personal statement was okay? Meaning I can leave it the same this year? Also does this show that I’m better on paper than in person?
I’d appreciate any advice x
Regarding your personal statement what did u include ? Eg extracurricular or volunteering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads