The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thurstonet
I really enjoyed todays interview. Every expectation about interview questions flew out of the window though!
I was stumped by one station a little bit.
I'm pleased with my performance. I would like to say I am hopeful but I think there is more to these interviews now than hope.

That’s good to hear! I’m not too sure about mine. I feel like I did good in some stations and a bit bad on others.
You may have somewhere in Extra, before it comes to clearing.
I know how depressing this is (I've experienced this several times) but seek advice.
Get feedback from the unis (I know it is hard to hear but it will help in the long run).

I’m yet to find any dental therapy courses on extra
Original post by Meganj2111
I’m yet to find any dental therapy courses on extra

Do search for Oral Health Science and be open to Dental Hygiene too on extra.
Ooh you might want to express your interest for the Sheffield April 2023 course. It wont be on UCAS.
(edited 2 years ago)
Did anyone else get interview invite for liverpool today
Do search for Oral Health Science and be open to Dental Hygiene too on extra.
Ooh you might want to express your interest for the Sheffield April 2023 course. It wont be on UCAS.

Oh really!! I’ll look at that thank you, very deflated! 4th hear trying and I’m looking at doing online access course now.

Extra is a pain aswell, you can’t just search DH or DHT, have to select type in uni then search
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Meganj2111
Oh really!! I’ll look at that thank you, very deflated! 4th hear trying and I’m looking at doing online access course now.

Extra is a pain aswell, you can’t just search DH or DHT, have to select type in uni then search

Believe me I understand how you feel. I am very familiar with the situation and I know it can be hard to keep pulling yourself through it... keep trying. You deserve it, you just have to work out how to prove that.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Hlpayne18
Have you had an interview? I think it was about 3/4 weeks xx

Yea I’ve had my interview at LSBU over a month ago and I’m still waiting for their decision. I’m so stressed 😩
Original post by Jadephillips
Cardiff or KCL, although they haven't contacted anyone yet 🤷🏽*♀️

It's so frustrating they take so long! I've heard back from all the unis I applied to, just waiting for decisions now which is so nerve wrecking
Reply 1988
Original post by sanah16x
did you apply for DHT?! I thought I couldn't because I do BTEC applied science and most unis asked for them so I switched to nursing. do you think this course will be in clearing?

Hey yes I applied to DHT. You can apply to dht with btec I think about 6 unis accept btec for the course. It’s a really competitive course so I’m not really sure but there’s no harm In checking
Original post by Mumtahna
Yea I’ve had my interview at LSBU over a month ago and I’m still waiting for their decision. I’m so stressed 😩

I think they took 5 weeks with me. Don't believe their email timeframes this year.
Original post by Jen5
I had a rejection from QMUL but yet to hear from King’s…I think everyone is in the same situation with King’s, just keep us all on our toes!

I know kings is taking sooo long 😩😩
Has anyone received an offer or rejection from Newcastle yet😬?
Reply 1992
Does anyone know when Cardiff will be giving out offers ?
Original post by R1571
Does anyone know when Cardiff will be giving out offers ?

I seem to remember reading somewhere 2-3 weeks from Cardiff.
I seem to remember reading somewhere 2-3 weeks from Cardiff.

is that 2-3 weeks after interview?
Original post by Amberlockwood1
Has anyone received an offer or rejection from Newcastle yet😬?

not yet 🤞😬
Original post by kthill
not yet 🤞😬

Did they tell you when you’d hear back? When I asked they said they weren’t sure xx
Original post by Amberlockwood1
Did they tell you when you’d hear back? When I asked they said they weren’t sure xx

they said they were coming to the end of the interviews and it would be the end of march possibly into April xx
Reply 1998
anyone already had Liverpool interview yet??
Reply 1999
Hi everyone,

I'm a mature student currently working in social care looking to apply to DH/DT next year after doing an HE Access Course in Biomedical Science(18 credits biology and 18 credits chemistry) to make up for my past A-levels which were all creative subjects. I just have a quick question regarding the impact of GCSEs on the application. Does anyone think that it will be a pose a problem if one of my GCSE science grades is subpar(got a D in biology😓) and if you think it would be wise to redo my biology GCSE even if I get a much higher grade through the Access Course?

Any advice would be much appreciated and sorry for highjacking your thread.

Latest