The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

does anyone study dht in sheffield? x
Original post by Daisydoo23!
Hello everyone! I am a adult nurse with a first class honours degree but looking to apply to dental hygiene and therapy. I thought this was a exception course and you got help with funding but apparently this isn’t anymore and I would have to fund this myself. Can anyone help and advise me please? I have a child and would be able to fund this myself 😫

Unless they’ve changed it this year, it is still an exception course. I have a degree in English and managed to get SFE funding for DHDT for Portsmouth uni. Just started my second year. It also is eligible for the learning support fund £5K grant that you don’t pay back. If you got your information from SFE I’d chase it up. I was given contradictory advice a couple years ago and thankfully pursued it till I got clarity. Xx
Original post by HayleyMoo85
Unless they’ve changed it this year, it is still an exception course. I have a degree in English and managed to get SFE funding for DHDT for Portsmouth uni. Just started my second year. It also is eligible for the learning support fund £5K grant that you don’t pay back. If you got your information from SFE I’d chase it up. I was given contradictory advice a couple years ago and thankfully pursued it till I got clarity. Xx

Thank you.
Did you just keep contacting SFE? I have also seen the advance learner loans if not but I don’t know too much about them. I need to hurry up and find out to write my personal statement for October 😂xx
Original post by Daisydoo23!
Thank you.
Did you just keep contacting SFE? I have also seen the advance learner loans if not but I don’t know too much about them. I need to hurry up and find out to write my personal statement for October 😂xx

Yes. I basically kept asking until I got the answer I wanted and was pretty sure was correct. The confusion comes as DH/DHDT is not always explicitly stated as an allied healthcare professions course. It used to be funded by the nhs then in 2018 it became a course you had to apply to SFE for. So due to that, it became an exception course. It is Eligible for the LSF, and that only applies to courses that are exception courses as far as I know. However some unis still have a bursary (Eastman, Bristol, Manchester I think) so they are not eligible for LSF. So give SFE a call and state the unis you’re thinking of going to. From
Memory I think I was told I’d not be able to get funding for one or two unis but could for Portsmouth, Leeds, teeside and Essex. So when you speak to them ask them to check every possible uni you’d consider applying to. You can also message them on here and Twitter. I must have messaged them several times but it’s worth it to get clarity. Xx
Hello,

For the BSc Dental Therapy course at Liverpool University, does anyone know the number of seats available for 2022(i.e. interview invites sent out ratio to offers made)? Also where can I find admissions statistics for previous years as well? I'd gladly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
tsr_qwertyuiop
Original post by tsr_qwertyuiop
Hello,

For the BSc Dental Therapy course at Liverpool University, does anyone know the number of seats available for 2022(i.e. interview invites sent out ratio to offers made)? Also where can I find admissions statistics for previous years as well? I'd gladly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
tsr_qwertyuiop

hey I don't know about Liverpool but I know Newcastle was nearly 400 applications, 170 interviews, 35 offers for 25 places. a couple that were pooled had offers in August.
xx

Latest