The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Caroline_02
I have mine the beginning of next week !! But how long do you think it will take for them to send offers

No idea! I haven’t heard from anyone who went there. I will ask after my interview
Original post by Joseph P96
Hi I applied for dental technology at Worcester uni which is actually held in Birmingham (and I have already been accepted for a place there) interview was really easy

Congratulations! Are you doing that at Bmet? That’s where I did my dental nursing and it was great, the dental tech students are in the same department.
Sorry for being outdated re dental nursing. The uni dental nursing courses weren't running when I qualified. it is 1 year if you can go straight on the uni course. I didn't know the criteria.
Original post by Haris74
Hi, I know she submitted her application end of October/Early November. She got a response last week and interview is end of Feb.

Thank you! I haven’t heard anything yet so I will have a look out.
Reply 384
Hi I applied for dental technology at Worcester uni which is actually held in Birmingham (and I have already been accepted for a place there) interview was really easy

I applied there I’m supposed to be in my first year until they decided to cancel the course 3 days before the start date after I already moved into Birmingham which was 3 hours away from my home . They are really unorganised , cancelling the course when clearing for most unis wasn’t available and not helping students find a different course.
Original post by Haris74
Did you do the Sheffield interview? How did you find it? I think we should hear next week. I’m so nervous for the results.

Hello , I had mine last week, worried as well, i think i did well but i might be wrong
To all those who did Dental Nursing at university, was your qualification Level 4 or Level 3 like everyone else?
Original post by Patrycja2712
Hello , I had mine last week, worried as well, i think i did well but i might be wrong

Oh no don’t worry I’m sure you did well. It is very competitive. I felt it went well too but when I started recalling my answers I know I could have worded them better and some things I didn’t mention. I am constantly refreshing my emails as they mentioned the last interview was on Friday so this week we will be getting results. Im so nervous.
Original post by Samiranadi
Thank you, wish I could be as motivated as you but since this is my second year of applying I just don’t think I can put myself through another year of rejection :/. I’ve had 1 interview so far, I’ve applied to Birmingham, Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle, Manchester and Qmul. Which interview went horrible for you?

Hi there. It's my second year of applying too and honestly I feel like that too. But all we can do now is hope for the best. So all the best with your application!!
Does anyone have good advice for interviews? Anything that seems to always come up or anything else that can help me as a first time applicant to be a little more prepared?
Reply 390
Original post by moonjiiah
Hi there. It's my second year of applying too and honestly I feel like that too. But all we can do now is hope for the best. So all the best with your application!!

Hey, did the universities give you any feedback to strengthen your application for this year's intake?

Or is it a case of just luck as the course is oversubscribed?
I did a course with the NEBDN (National Examining Board for Dental Nurses) and completed in 1 year 3 months however a few other nurses in my practice did the city and guilds course which was held at the local college and it took them between 2-3 years due to constant failing on exams.
NEBDN course would be my recommendation but only down side to this course is you need the backing of a dentist or NEBDN qualified dental nurse in your practice to comment their views on your nursing skills assessments which you write a lot of (basically for every possible skill a dental nurse has/does)

okk, Thank you!, would you mind saying what institute you did your dental nursing course with.
Original post by moonjiiah

All the best with yours too! Did you get any interviews last year?
anyone heard from newcastle?
Original post by Haris74
Oh no don’t worry I’m sure you did well. It is very competitive. I felt it went well too but when I started recalling my answers I know I could have worded them better and some things I didn’t mention. I am constantly refreshing my emails as they mentioned the last interview was on Friday so this week we will be getting results. Im so nervous.

They told me that by the end of January
Anyone had their LSBU interview yet? Mine is on Friday and feeling extremely stressed!
Original post by Hlpayne18
Anyone had their LSBU interview yet? Mine is on Friday and feeling extremely stressed!

I haven’t applied but I have heard a few people have had there’s, they said there’s a lot of scenario based questions so my tip would be to look up potential scenarios :smile:
Original post by Samiranadi
I haven’t applied but I have heard a few people have had there’s, they said there’s a lot of scenario based questions so my tip would be to look up potential scenarios :smile:

Thank you so much!
Original post by Dentaldreams
Congratulations! Are you doing that at Bmet? That’s where I did my dental nursing and it was great, the dental tech students are in the same department.

I did my dental nursing at bmet too!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Megan-olivia11
I did my dental nursing at bmet too!

Really? That’s cool, when did you do yours? I was in the 2019 conhort but didn’t finish till August ‘21!

Latest