Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know how many places on the Dental Hygiene course at Portsmouth? x
Reply 981
Original post by Dentaldreams
Does anyone know how many places on the Dental Hygiene course at Portsmouth? x

I think it’s 30
Original post by fatoumata15
I think it’s 30

Thanks! Is Dental Hygiene and Therapy an additional cohort of students?
Original post by Dentaldreams
Thanks! Is Dental Hygiene and Therapy an additional cohort of students?

I believe its 24 for DHT, an additional 24 for DH and 8 places on the development programme. I'm not sure on the numbers for the dental nursing degree.
Original post by thurstonet
I believe its 24 for DHT, an additional 24 for DH and 8 places on the development programme. I'm not sure on the numbers for the dental nursing degree.

Oh right, thanks for that :smile:
Original post by a3elb
Has anyone heard from UCLAN, Manc or Birmingham yet ??

Not heard from UCLan yet
does anyone have any advice for MMIs? got mine next week and im not sure how to prepare
Original post by a3elb
Has anyone heard from UCLAN, Manc or Birmingham yet ??

Yes Manchester have replied to me, but they don’t send an email they update on UCAS, so check your UCAS track
Reply 988
Did you get an interview!??!!!!!!!
Reply 989
Has anyone heard from King’s? Thanks
Reply 990
Original post by Jen5
Has anyone heard from King’s? Thanks

Not yet x
Reply 991
are any of you parents that have applied for uni. I'm 32 with 3 children. just wondered if anyone's in the same situation.xx
Original post by kthill
are any of you parents that have applied for uni. I'm 32 with 3 children. just wondered if anyone's in the same situation.xx

I have a friend who is studying DHT at Leeds now with 2 children. She is quite grateful for the current blended learning situation I believe.
Original post by kthill

Hi ,I am 32 and have 2 children and this is my third year im applying x You are not alone x
Reply 994
Original post by kthill

Hi, I’m 33 and I have a 5 year old. This is my 5th year applying. Good luck with your application xx
Reply 995
Original post by kthill

I'm 31 with two children, and it's my 1st time applying. All the best with your application
Original post by kthill

Original post by KB144
I'm 31 with two children, and it's my 1st time applying. All the best with your application

Yep, I'm same as KB144, 31 with 2 children and my first year applying.
Are you ladies all dental nurses too?
I've been qualified for over 10 years now and always dreamt of being able study DHT!
Reply 997
Original post by EmmaM321
I've been qualified for over 10 years now and always dreamt of being able study DHT!

yes I've been a dental nurse since I was 18 so 15 years but only since having my last baby did I think it's now time to do something extra for myself. I've got a 12, 10 and 2 year old. started the access course in September so been working my socks off to get it done for may. and this is my first year applying. only had an interview for one place and waiting to hear back from 2 more and rejected from 2. if I don't get on this year I think I'll re apply one more time and if it's not meant to be maybe go for something else.
fingers crossed you get a place.
Reply 998
Original post by EmmaM321

Hi, yes I been a dental nurse for 9 years now. hope you get through x
Thank you ladies for sharing your humanity on this thread. I really do originate from 'the provinces' and sometimes feel like I have no right to aspire to become a clinician. It has been nice to read about real-world situations.
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest