The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dentaldreams
I requested feedback from Portsmouth, turns out I didn’t cover the NHS constitutions in enough detail and I need to work on scenario based questions🙈

Aww bless u, at least they gave you something to work with. Now you know what you need to do for next time & with other unis xx
Original post by cece88
Aww bless u, at least they gave you something to work with. Now you know what you need to do for next time & with other unis xx

Yes it’s devastating but also reassuring because I can work on my weak points before the next interview.
How’s your application process going so far? xx
Yes it’s devastating but also reassuring because I can work on my weak points before the next interview.
How’s your application process going so far? xx

Just stay positive, you will get through.x
I haven’t heard back from Portsmouth, Essex & Teesside after my interviews back in December & January. Nothing at all from Cardiff or Kings. I was rejected by LSBU and Sheffield x
Original post by cece88
Just stay positive, you will get through.x
I haven’t heard back from Portsmouth, Essex & Teesside after my interviews back in December & January. Nothing at all from Cardiff or Kings. I was rejected by LSBU and Sheffield x

That’s still pretty good, as no news is usually good news. seven universities is a nice way to keep your options open too.
How was your LSBU interview? I’ve been offered one and I’m kind of worried as they rejected me twice by mistake x
That’s still pretty good, as no news is usually good news. seven universities is a nice way to keep your options open too.
How was your LSBU interview? I’ve been offered one and I’m kind of worried as they rejected me twice by mistake x

LSBU was hard, not gonna lie! It felt like a job interview and was intense! they rejected me twice and updated my ucas but then emailed yesterday saying it was a mistake so I have no idea what’s happening there. I have already crossed them off my list.
Reply 1185
Original post by Megan-olivia11
Finally heard back from Bristol! I've only been offered 1 interview date and I'm not in the country at that time, any advice on what to do? Are the interviews online? I don't want to miss out on this opportunity so I'm stressed haha

It’s online don’t worry
Reply 1186
Original post by bocx42
Received a rejection from QMUL due to "increased competition", does this mean the course is already full?

When did u get this email coz I applied there too but no news from them yet
Original post by cece88
LSBU was hard, not gonna lie! It felt like a job interview and was intense! they rejected me twice and updated my ucas but then emailed yesterday saying it was a mistake so I have no idea what’s happening there. I have already crossed them off my list.

I have to be honest along with the grueling interview style I have found their administration of the application process to be really bad. Last year I was rejected and then a week later was sent enrolment information. Imagine how awful that felt when they confirmed it was an "error" - the rejection had been correct.
Original post by cece88

Oh gosh! How hard exactly? I’m really nervous now, it’s on my birthday of all days, as it seemed to be the only date available! I was hoping it would be a good present 😅
Don’t lose hope on it x
Original post by thurstonet
I have to be honest along with the grueling interview style I have found their administration of the application process to be really bad. Last year I was rejected and then a week later was sent enrolment information. Imagine how awful that felt when they confirmed it was an "error" - the rejection had been correct.

Oh no🙈
Did you apply again this year?

Oh gosh! That’s horrible, I can’t imagine how u must have felt. U didn’t apply there this year did u?
Oh gosh! How hard exactly? I’m really nervous now, it’s on my birthday of all days, as it seemed to be the only date available! I was hoping it would be a good present 😅
Don’t lose hope on it x

Aww don’t stress, read their article and have it printed with you. Practice scenario questions and learn the NHS values ALL of them! & quite obviously know the role of a hygienist xxx
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by cece88
Oh gosh! That’s horrible, I can’t imagine how u must have felt. U didn’t apply there this year did u?

I did apply there again this year because I thought I had just performed badly last year. I have concluded that it wasn't only that. I got a rejection around 2 weeks after interview.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by cece88
Aww don’t stress, read their article and have it printed with you. Practice scenario questions and learn the NHS values ALL of them! & quite obviously know the role of a hygienist xxx

<<< this. GDC Standards too.
(edited 2 years ago)
I did apply there again this year because I thought I had just performed badly last year. I have concluded that it wasn't only that. I got a rejection around 2 weeks after interview.

Aww don’t let it get you down, keep trying with other unis and don’t give up. Are u waiting to hear from anywhere else?
Original post by cece88
Aww don’t let it get you down, keep trying with other unis and don’t give up. Are u waiting to hear from anywhere else?

I hope I was fairly diplomatic, as I am waiting to hear from other unis.

I'm still waiting on Portsmouth following interview (their window for me was until first week in March). <<< I am strongly hoping for a good outcome from here!

Also Plymouth, Cardiff, Manchester - for decisions about being offered interview.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by cece88

is that the news article on diet?
I don’t why scenarios always phase me.
Thanks for the advice xxx:smile:
is that the news article on diet?
I don’t why scenarios always phase me.
Thanks for the advice xxx:smile:

Yep that article.

Sorry I'm not saying much.... I've been given a rap on the wrist already for discussing the LSBU specifics.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Jksx
When did u get this email coz I applied there too but no news from them yet

A month ago, applied mid December
Nothing from Plymouth this week then

Latest