The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Had my first interview the questions were not what I was expecting
Original post by fatoumata15
Had my first interview the questions were not what I was expecting

Ohh no! What uni?
Reply 1582
Has anyone had there UCLan interview yet?
Original post by Steff_95
I understand you, i have had years of experience interviewing but these dental school interviews are something else. I am finding that the interviewers are are more interested in finding out about my past job (as a fashion designer for 10 years) than my dental experience... have to remain positive, and everything is experience . Just hate waiting for outcomes.

what are you applying with?

I’m applying with my access to health science course, A-levels in art & design at A* A* / BTEC at D*D*D* and a 1:1 (Hons) degree in fashion design.

You have a really interesting route to entry too :smile:
If it's ok with you I'll just say that I consider myself very fortunate to reach interview with the grades I have, however I am about to complete a nursing degree and I have had an article about oral health and nursing published.

They do like a well rounded person I have found... but it is hard to be perfect, the longer you live, the more room for error in life!
Latest round on the rollercoaster.... Interview shortlist for Cardiff!

Still feeling a little stung about Portsmouth. The feedback was on a really small area - they actually said I interviewed well, which I appreciated reading.
Reply 1585
Original post by cece88
Ohh no! What uni?

Plymouth:/
Original post by fatoumata15
Plymouth:/

What did they ask? Was it more dental scenarios or general? you probably did better than u think/feel, it’s normal to feel like that after but don’t lose hope, U got this x
Original post by thurstonet

Still feeling a little stung about Portsmouth. The feedback was on a really small area - they actually said I interviewed well, which I appreciated reading.

Ohh congratulations for being shortlisted, try stay positive and practice for Cardiff. This maybe your one offer!

Did you call Portsmouth to get feedback? I can’t seem to get through to anyone & I have no idea what’s happening with my application :frown:
Original post by cece88
Did you call Portsmouth to get feedback? I can’t seem to get through to anyone & I have no idea what’s happening with my application :frown:

I actually replied directly to the rejection email. In fairness to them they did turn that around in about an hour with a reply.
Original post by cece88
Ohh congratulations for being shortlisted, try stay positive and practice for Cardiff. This maybe your one offer!

Thank you! That is sweet of you to say. I also have Plymouth tomorrow. I am very lucky really this year.
I don't seem to have any follow up emails from Cardiff. Do they arrive the following day or something like that? Are they still online at Cardiff?
Original post by cece88
What did they ask? Was it more dental scenarios or general? you probably did better than u think/feel, it’s normal to feel like that after but don’t lose hope, U got this x

I haven't done an MMI myself.... yet, but I remember hearing in previous years that people found them to be really disorienting. However my friend got into Leeds on an MMI last year and had no dental experience - so it's all subjective.
So I just called Portsmouth University and OMG is all I can say! basically I got told I was unsuccessful after my interview but never got sent the decision. Decisions were made on interview day, 14th of Feb and 17th of February! Bare in mind, I got an email from them saying my decisions was pending. The staff were so rude and couldn’t be asked basically. 😔
Reply 1594
Original post by cece88

Mostly scenario based they were trying to see your qualities but I keep overthinking things I could have mentioned
Reply 1595
Thank you! That is sweet of you to say. I also have Plymouth tomorrow. I am very lucky really this year.

Good luck 🤞🏾
Reply 1596
Has anybody else heard back from Queen Mary??
I don't seem to have any follow up emails from Cardiff. Do they arrive the following day or something like that? Are they still online at Cardiff?

I had my offer email last night and still no follow up one to book an interview
Reply 1598
Original post by cece88
So I just called Portsmouth University and OMG is all I can say! basically I got told I was unsuccessful after my interview but never got sent the decision. Decisions were made on interview day, 14th of Feb and 17th of February! Bare in mind, I got an email from them saying my decisions was pending. The staff were so rude and couldn’t be asked basically. 😔

Omg so sorry they should try to help with the feedback as much as they can 🤨
Reply 1599
Hi, any interview invites from Manchester yet? x

Latest