The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thurstonet
I am worried about what I will do if I get no offers this year. I'm going to be in a bit of a Barron situation.

I was thinking like that too, but we’ve got to stay positive!!!:smile:
Original post by hvice
The people were all so nice! just try and stay chilled out and chatty! they should send out the manual dexterity task a minimum of 48 hours before hand via email if not give them a ring. good luck :smile:

I’ve got an interview for plymouth on Monday and haven’t been sent anything for a manual dexterity task my interview is at 8.45 in the morning !
Original post by shobnaam x
Hii you’re right this is so overwhelming :frown: Are there any recourses for the interview you think are helpful

With regards resources, there isn't many specifically for dental hygiene and therapy HOWEVER how I prepared is I used dentistry applicant resources (YouTube videos and documents). Crazy I know...but not really. See essentially what we are doing is applying for a course that is dentistry related...all the difference is is just in the scope of practice. There are plenty I mean PLENTY of resources out their on dentistry interviews... when I tell you they are EXACTLY what you'll be asked I mean it. So instead of typing 'dental hygiene/therapy interview questions' in the search engine type 'dentistry interview questions and resources'. I hope that helps and trust me you'll feel so much better after doing little research!
Original post by ellenjames17
Congrats! For DH or DHT? And was it today you received it? X

Thank you. For DH. They must be working through all the applications still as I know someone with interview Monday and someone still heard nothing 🤷*♀️
Hey! I've been checking this to get an idea of which unis are responding to applications 😭

I got a pre interview rejection from queen mary :frown:

Has anyone heard back from Kings?
Reply 1785
Original post by elliedem
Have mine on the same day! Good luck

Thanks! Good luck to you too :smile:)
Original post by hyghopes
Thank you. For DH. They must be working through all the applications still as I know someone with interview Monday and someone still heard nothing 🤷*♀️

Ah I see! Thank you 😊 fingers crossed, every uni seems to do it differently haha x
Reply 1787
I’ve received an interview from qmul !!! Still nothing from kcl tho does anyone know when they’ll be sending out interviews ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by xxRainyDays
i have mine on monday ahh, stressing out but i really hope it goes well

Same! I hope it goes well for both of us
Original post by R1571
I’ve received an interview from qmul !!! Still nothing from kcl tho does anyone know when they’ll be sending out interviews ?

Original post by teethledee
Hey! I've been checking this to get an idea of which unis are responding to applications 😭

I got a pre interview rejection from queen mary :frown:

Has anyone heard back from Kings?

Nothing from kings
Any tips for plymouth MMI got an interview on the 9th :smile:
Original post by R1571

Congrats 🥳 I’ve heard nothing from KCL I can’t remember exactly but on their website they said they said around March? So hopefully soon x
Original post by H.ff33
Any tips for plymouth MMI got an interview on the 9th :smile:

Sorry call me mean spirited but I'm not going to give tips as I had to go into it cold.
I would say plymouth are pretty decent at giving you some direction as how the interviews look. It was exactly as they had explained, it just makes more sense when you are actually sat there.
Think about the characteristics that they say they are looking for, it might hint at the type of questions they will ask.

For people due to have interviews on Monday, I hope you've received the task details? That needs to be an urgent phonecall otherwise.
Does anyone know what unis will be available for UCAS EXTRA. Everyone I’ve looked for isn’t on the list?
Thanks x
Original post by Meganj2111
Does anyone know what unis will be available for UCAS EXTRA. Everyone I’ve looked for isn’t on the list?
Thanks x

Unfortunately its rarely many, like 1 or 2. I always wonder how many actual course places there are when they post on Extra also. Things have been so crazy this year that I do wonder if there will be anything. Always potential for a surprise though!
Original post by thurstonet
Unfortunately its rarely many, like 1 or 2. I always wonder how many actual course places there are when they post on Extra also. Things have been so crazy this year that I do wonder if there will be anything. Always potential for a surprise though!

I hope so…
I’m shocked at entry requirements for Bangor uni considering it’s a new course and only HYG.
I’m a dental nurse with 2 post quals, so limited.
Original post by Meganj2111
I hope so…
I’m shocked at entry requirements for Bangor uni considering it’s a new course and only HYG.
I’m a dental nurse with 2 post quals, so limited.

Which uni is this?
Original post by Narzbarz_
Same! I hope it goes well for both of us

I really hope so! what time is yours?
Original post by R1571

Congrats!!!
Someone was mentioning interview support about 5 pages back. Could you make yourself known again or DM me please?

Latest