The Student Room Group

Student Finance Issue

Morning/Afternoon!

I have a bit of a dilemma, and it's stressing me out incredibly and I'd like some re-assurance or advice if possible!

I'm planning on going into my Final Year of University (Course starts in 17 days). Every year, i've had and been entitled too the maximum student loan (9200 or something close). I got a letter in August, saying that I was overpaid 4k for my Second Year of Uni, which I found insane since I was promised the entitlement to the full amount prior to starting Uni, and nothing financial has changed in my family since Starting Uni.

Because there is an overpayment, that means i'm not entitled to any maintenance loan for my final year, as the overpayment is coming out of my final years maintenance loan, which instead of 9k (The max) is the minimum, leaving me at 0.

I've rang up student finance, and my dad has sent thing like bank statements, tax bills etc which they asked for, for a re-assessment. So now i'm in a waiting game.

I'm a little nervous because if all doesn't go to plan, I can't finish my degree, since my Uni is hours away. My family has no work income so I should be hitting the requirements for the maximum student loan, and just found it really random that they said there was an overpayment.

Are these checks done randomly?

Any feedback would be great thanks, sorry if my words are all over the place. Panicking like crazy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending