The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Worried about Uni place

I'm due to move into my accommodation for the year in two days and I still haven't been officially accepted into my course. I'm a mature student and have met all of my offer conditions bar giving my GCSE certificates which I have lost at some point over the years and not replaced as I haven't been asked for them before. I've been in regular contact with the admissions team over email about sending proof that I've contacted my exam board about replacements which I've done, so they'll arrive eventually.
Earlier in the week after a period of no contact with admissions I emailed a lecturer and admissions tutor for my degree and they said everything looked on track for me joining and gave me information about the induction week and arrangements are being finalised. This was obviously great news but the Applications Team say that decisions on applicants pending GCSE results are on a case by case basis and the latest email was earlier today and I was asked if I had any statement of results which I don't unfortunately.
I'm just very confused about where I stand and I'd hate to move to a different city and then be shot down right at the last.

EDIT: Situation resolved.
(edited 2 years ago)
Uni?
Course?
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by McGinger
Uni?
Course?

Sorry lol. Plymouth University studying Social Work.
Original post by TheMindscrewer
Sorry lol. Plymouth University studying Social Work.

dont know too much but obviously if the proffesors have said it'll work out then u should be alright?
i think professors would be able to help you as they have already told you you're good
it'd be a shame if not
good luck
Original post by TheMindscrewer

Earlier in the week after a period of no contact with admissions I emailed a lecturer and admissions tutor for my degree and they said everything looked on track for me joining and gave me information about the induction week and arrangements are being finalised.

Avademic staff wont have a clue about your admissions status - thats why the University has an Admissions office.
Keep emailing Admissions - [email protected]
I'm in contact with them as well. I only brought up the lecturer because they also have 'admissions tutor' as their role as well so I assumed they might have had an idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending