The Student Room Group

Hi, I need some academic advice

I am currently about get a diagnosis soon, I don't know when I will get the report but it's something that has affected my academic ability in university. That being said I have passed the second year but with an average of 63.2% which I believe I could easily have done better in certain subjects.
I know these last few years have been tough on everyone and it's been difficult to manage things.
My question is *how hard will third year be?* I think I am capable of getting a first, actually I am determined to. I really wanted to stop second year but I got through it which I am happy for doing so looking back but I could've had better grades if I got help earlier and had reached out.
I need an average of 74.6 % next year to get a first overall, which I have calculated (dk if it's accurate).
From what I know so far that's going to be very hard.
So do I tell my university of my diagnosis, submit EC and how it has affected my mental health and re-sit the exams to increase my second year average to take the load off this coming year or do I try to just grind the third year and hope I get the average of 74.6%?
Please advice me because I find it too cringe to go to my tutor for this or student unions cause I'm still in the process of getting help.
Reply 1
Original post by throw-away11
I am currently about get a diagnosis soon, I don't know when I will get the report but it's something that has affected my academic ability in university. That being said I have passed the second year but with an average of 63.2% which I believe I could easily have done better in certain subjects.
I know these last few years have been tough on everyone and it's been difficult to manage things.
My question is *how hard will third year be?* I think I am capable of getting a first, actually I am determined to. I really wanted to stop second year but I got through it which I am happy for doing so looking back but I could've had better grades if I got help earlier and had reached out.
I need an average of 74.6 % next year to get a first overall, which I have calculated (dk if it's accurate).
From what I know so far that's going to be very hard.
So do I tell my university of my diagnosis, submit EC and how it has affected my mental health and re-sit the exams to increase my second year average to take the load off this coming year or do I try to just grind the third year and hope I get the average of 74.6%?
Please advice me because I find it too cringe to go to my tutor for this or student unions cause I'm still in the process of getting help.

Why would you not tell your university of your diagnosis and submit an EC? You have nothing to lose from it, and potentially a lot to gain. They are not going to reduce your mark, so you really have nothing to lose. Whether or not you should resit the exams is different question, but I would recommend letting them know, and seeing from there depending on what they come back with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending