The Student Room Group

Not sure which course to do

Hi, I would like to study BSc Podiatry at either UEL or Northampton and just can't get through to their course admissions teams to get specific advice. Applied through clearing to both and they said now these courses are closed, but they still advertise them as taking applications for September 2021. Anyhow, as I applied late this year, I would like to make sure I am prepared for 2022. I finished school in another country, but do have relevant work experience, I think I do anyhow. I just don't know which course I should do now to get me sufficient points. I'm a mature student and podiatry program isn't that competitive from what I understand, UEL still advertises places available on 2021 September course. Should I do HE Access course and GCSE or equivalent in both English and Maths or due to work experience just GCSE or equivalent courses? Also, there are many private course providers, how do I know that what they provide will be actually recognised by unis? Thanks!
I cant really offer any advice but hopefully my response will get this question some attention.

In the meantime keep trying to contact the admissions team.

Whilst work experience is valuable they unis usually always require a pass in maths and english language and a level 3 qualification.
Original post by Dominininc
I cant really offer any advice but hopefully my response will get this question some attention.

In the meantime keep trying to contact the admissions team.

Whilst work experience is valuable they unis usually always require a pass in maths and english language and a level 3 qualification.

Thanks for the input. I found an HE access course for Health Professions level 3 at Stobebridge who also offered me to do Maths and English equivalent courses alongside, but is that enough or not? I don't know. Time is ticking, I have to start ASAP to be able to complete in time for 2022 program.
You should be able to contact the admissions team tomorrow and ask them what related course would be needed in order to be accepted.

For GCSE maths and english language you could get some online tutoring and enter as a private candidate. Getting a pass in these subjects should be fairly easy for anyone who is committed like you sound.

Hope it goes well for you
UEL said there is no way to contact admissions directly, send email to centralised email address
Hello @MatureStudent47!

You can contact the Admissions and Applicant Enquiries team of the University of East London directly either on this number: +44 (0) 20 8223 3333 or on this email address: [email protected] . They're available Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. To find out more ways to contact the University of East London please visit this link: https://www.uel.ac.uk/about/contact-us .

I hope that this helps :wink:

-Apostolos
Hi, I hope you're issue is sorted. but i study pod at uel and try to see if u can still contact them. if places are closed then just apply for the next year's intake. for first year the teaching days are four days a week- 2 were online and 2 offline due to the pandemic. it wasn't challenging for me to enter this course. trust me a lot of people in my class are just new into this country and they have easily gotten into this course due to having relevant experience.

good luck! if u have any questions pop up and maybe we can chat on whatsapp if youre still concerned!

Quick Reply

Latest