The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy Applicants 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by sunsetlover321
Hi!
I have recently applied for occupational therapy at the age of 17.
I have applied to Derby, Sheffield Hallam, Northumbria, Northampton and Cumbria.
I have no experience but I did complete a virtual work experience which I was able to include in my personal statement.
I have recently received 2 interviews - one on the 1st and the other on the 13th of December.
I am currently preparing for them both which I stressful but I feel like I should do okay :smile:

Hi, ive also applied for derby and was curious on how long after you submitted your application did you get a response. :smile:
Original post by zoy44
Hi, I literally just sent my application off yesterday and didn't do any shadowing but did do an online virtual one if you haven't applied already would recommend doing an online work experience as they are really helpful. hope this helped x

Thank you! May I know how you find the virtual experience?
Reply 62
Original post by Tejaswini123
Thank you! May I know how you find the virtual experience?

My school were always forwarding me certain WEX but there a couple that I remember such as medic mentor which you have to pay 10.00 for but also there is some good ones on springpod
Original post by zoy44
My school were always forwarding me certain WEX but there a couple that I remember such as medic mentor which you have to pay 10.00 for but also there is some good ones on springpod

Thank you!
Original post by zoy44
Hi, ive also applied for derby and was curious on how long after you submitted your application did you get a response. :smile:

Not long possibly 2 days...
It was quick mind you
Recieved an offer from them 2 days ago which I am happy about
Do you live near the uni so can commute or staying in accomodation?
I do not know yet as all the accomodation at the uni seem to be far away and it will take 3 buses to get to the site
Where else have you applied to? :smile:
Reply 65
Not long possibly 2 days...
It was quick mind you
Recieved an offer from them 2 days ago which I am happy about
Do you live near the uni so can commute or staying in accomodation?
I do not know yet as all the accomodation at the uni seem to be far away and it will take 3 buses to get to the site
Where else have you applied to? :smile:

Commuting all the way haha it’s like abs hour n half seaway do not that bad. I’ve also applied to cov,Worcester and Wolverhampton for occupational therapy as well as a foundation year just in case wbux
Original post by zoy44
Commuting all the way haha it’s like abs hour n half seaway do not that bad. I’ve also applied to cov,Worcester and Wolverhampton for occupational therapy as well as a foundation year just in case wbux

Is Derby your first choice or is one of the others the first choice / one your want the most?
I would say Derby is my first choice :smile:
may I know your reason for choosing it? I am asking because I do not know the reputation of this uni. I am not from the U.K.
Reply 68
Is Derby your first choice or is one of the others the first choice / one your want the most?
I would say Derby is my first choice :smile:

Would say cov because it’s closer??
Original post by zoy44
Would say cov because it’s closer??

That's fair :smile:
Derby is the closest to me
Reply 70
I’m still waiting for any of the unis to get back to me it’s a really horrible waiting game keep going on UCAS to check that my emails aren’t bugging Lool
Must be a difficult time for you!
Just thought I'd add that I have an interview mid January for the post grad course at LSBU.

How did others get on in their interviews? Well I hope!

x
Original post by Sherbet99!
Just thought I'd add that I have an interview mid January for the post grad course at LSBU.

How did others get on in their interviews? Well I hope!

x

Good luck in your interview! 💪🏻
I haven’t heard back from Cardiff after interview yet. Lots of others applying to the same course have done brilliantly and been offered places. 🌻
Have you got any offer yet then? May I know about your background?

I am curious about how competitive these programmes are. Perhaps around 1 for 5 or 6 places?
Reply 75
If my UCAS application was sent in the Xmas holidays how long do you think it would take for a reply back ?
Original post by zoy44
If my UCAS application was sent in the Xmas holidays how long do you think it would take for a reply back ?

Where have you applied? Cardiff took 4 weeks (in my experience).
Reply 77
Worcester
Derby
Cov
Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton foundation course as well x
Original post by zoy44
Worcester
Derby
Cov
Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton foundation course as well x

Hopefully, the other applicants can chime in who have also applied to these unis. In general, I think it takes healthcare courses a little longer to get back (so dw) but it does just vary from institute to institute. Some people hear back within days!
Reply 79
I feel like the Xmas holidays have had an influence on the delay , because I tweeted one thinking I wouldn’t get a reply and miraculously they replied saying they are opening on 4th jan so it’s just a waiting game now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending