The Student Room Group

URGENT- Powerpoint Design Ideas cite?

I've just made a powerpoint for a presentation due soon. I used the "design ideas" tab for a template. Do I need to somehow cite the fact I used a template from Microsoft powerpoint??
Original post by mushed
I've just made a powerpoint for a presentation due soon. I used the "design ideas" tab for a template. Do I need to somehow cite the fact I used a template from Microsoft powerpoint??

No, there's no reason for this as it is part of the app that you are using, also it's just for visual purposes, and it doesn't make any difference to the information on the PowerPoint apart from making it more aesthetically pleasing.
Original post by mushed

Hi @mushed,

In short. No.
There should be no need to site anything that is included within a package being used. So anything within word, powerpoint etc. wouldn't need to be cited as it's not really information related to the subject. The only thing would be functions in something like a statistical package, where you may mention the package and function within the package used... though this may just need to be a description.

Referencing is required on any information being used that is not your own, including pictures - which is likely the only aesthetic aspect you would need to reference. For example, if you used a stock image off Google for a background, this would require referencing, but a patterned background function on powerpoint would not require any referencing.

Hope this helps.
Jake (third year at Lancaster University)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending