The Student Room Group

Sixth form help!!

Guys I need help😮*💨 I’ve started my mocks today and I know I’ve failed maths and they’ll move me to foundation maths 😭 do you think that they’ll still let me do A level bio and Chem
P.s give me good ideas to stay to my teachers when they ask me why I failed my exam even though I revised 🥲
Hi there
I also did foundation maths. So long as you're doing higher biology and chemistry you should be OK otherwise enrollment onto such A levels would be a challenge.

University wise some courses do require 6/7s in maths so just a heads up. I had to resit GCSE maths at higher tier for my course. So it depends on your future career plans - doing higher tier does keep more options open.

Best wishes with your other mocks.
Thank you so much for replying !! Did you resit maths in year 12? Yep I’m doing higher for bio and Chem thank you so much for replying I’m so stressed 😩
^also did your college/sixth form make you resit it or was it a choice
Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox
Thank you so much for replying !! Did you resit maths in year 12? Yep I’m doing higher for bio and Chem thank you so much for replying I’m so stressed 😩

Yes I did resit maths in year 12, as a private candidate, by self studying for the content myself. My course, medicine, generally required 6/7 in maths at least. However doing higher maths significantly helped me with chemistry A level and some aspects A level biology too.
hi, I do Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Arabic and Maths A levels but from what I heard some of my friends where allowed to do physics A level even though they got a 5 in maths. so it shouldn't be a challenge to get in. :smile:
Original post by TriplexA
Yes I did resit maths in year 12, as a private candidate, by self studying for the content myself. My course, medicine, generally required 6/7 in maths at least. However doing higher maths significantly helped me with chemistry A level and some aspects A level biology too.

ah thats good! i hope i get in :')
Original post by RIchard124s
hi, I do Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Arabic and Maths A levels but from what I heard some of my friends where allowed to do physics A level even though they got a 5 in maths. so it shouldn't be a challenge to get in. :smile:

ahhh thank you so much for replying! i hope the same rule applies for me:') good luck with all your exams!

Quick Reply

Latest